ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Is school really necessary?

by explain - 02-09-2016 - 03:30 PM
It is not fully necessary, you can learn anything on your own if you put your mind to it. Overall I believe it is just trying to get you some things you could possibly need in life before you are ready to go off on your own.
You only need that one-night spark to get on your way. no school needed.
kind of, you need a degree to get most of the good jobs out there
It is necessary to train your mind and to get some social skills. The subjects in school don't really matter(unless you're specializing for some concrete area), it's the fact that you're training yourself to be able to learn, to think, and to see that matters. Sadly, most of the current schooling systems are going for memorizing facts, which is boring, and doesn't teach you to think about those facts. The other thing is, that at the age people attend middleschool, their teenage years, is the age where sex, music, parties, fun, games, living life is much more interesting for almost everybody than the pythagorean theorem. BUT, these fun things won't earn you a living when you grow up, so you can get in a situation, where you had a lot of fun in your life and you're forced to do crappy jobs, for minimum wages because your practical knowledge is close to nothing. So, yes it is necessary, but the curren form of education is a "bit" outdated, crappy, and boring.
Shorten the time span, and I'll be fine with it.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Spamming.
The subjects that i will never ever need in my live are uargs, but some subjects are really interesting like math and it and it is cool meeting with friends
The way school is currently set up sucks and could be improved, but we still need a system set in place to learn about necessary things. Now how to actually improve our school systems would be a more interesting topic.
School is important if you use the information to your advantage. I indeed ended up dropping out 3 months before graduation. I was called down to the office. I was told the 1.5 years I did in another state, 6 of the classes did not count. I am lucky to be making $25.50 and hour at my current but it took me 13 years to get that. Back to the subject at hand. If you want to make more money faster, you need an education. Jobs dont care about what you know as much as they do about the paper that says you know something.
Beyond a base level of education school needs more focus on letting kids explore passion rather than boring same material for everyone.
:impossibru: is nothing
Schools are useful until highschool.
University is only for losers who need to work for someone else

Users browsing: 10 Guest(s)