ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Is school really necessary?

by explain - 02-09-2016 - 03:30 PM
Nothing is guaranteed but taking certain path gives you a better chance at being successful. If you take enough of this path, your life will be better. Reading and writing classes, some math classes, economics and finance are important classes. If you don't like school as much, at least do well in those classes. Understand that to get to the top, you'll be competing against people who went through a lot of schooling. There are exceptions but if you look at the statistics, the ones who didn't have college degrees are very low.
Yes it is.
I'd say so yeah. However, the first few years of school was pointless to me. Once I reached year 10, then it was necessary.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: None
School was horrible when i was at it. But i guess you can learn a few things from there.
I learnt nothing at all at school or college. I learned everything I needed by my self.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: scamming
How you perceive school is up to you; whether it is worth going to or not.

I believe it is worth going to school as you can meet new friends and learn a thing or two there. If you believe that you haven't learnt anything, that probably is a lie unless your teachers are stupid and don't teach you anything.

Most of the things I know, I learnt from school except a few things such as how to use Photoshop, Aftereffects,  how to code etc.
I don't think you can state that school isn't helpful at all

It teaches social skills, how to work with others, etc.

There may be child prodigies that don't really need it but it's necessary to facilitate learning for people that arent geniuses
obviously, school will teach us very basic knowledge and our society culture
(12-29-2016 - 06:30 PM)Akko Wrote: I learnt nothing at all at school or college. I learned everything I needed by my self.

Like how to integrate a vector field, or find the mass of a three dimensional bounded function with a given density function, or find solutions for third order differential equations?
(02-12-2016 - 01:35 AM)brixton Wrote: I believe school is necessary, it's up to you if you go far or not after school. Although I think they teach unneeded stuff. Examples are ions, you don't actually need to know all of your ions by heart unless you want to be a scientist or such. Schools should first teach the basics, such as mathematics, ethics, culture, English and your arterial language. They should then proceed to teach what you want to be when you're older. But, I don't have that much of a problem with the schools' current system, because as Malcolm Little once said: “Without education, you’re not going anywhere in this world.”

Users browsing: 9 Guest(s)