ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Is school really necessary?

by explain - 02-09-2016 - 03:30 PM
For societies to grow and have an educated population, school are necessary.

Higher education leads to lower crime rates, less poverty, and a better society in general. (some of those may be correlations)

Imagine some of the stupidest people you know, and now imagine they never went to school, and no one else around them went to school. Doesn't sound like a fun scenario to me...

However for an individual, school might not always be the best option, but I reckon it is the best option 99% of the time. At least until high school ends.

University are necessary for less people. The cost in many countries is becoming ridiculous and I feel that many courses these days can be self taught with books and the internet.
School is necessary for most. Without it the general population wouldn't have as much common sense as they do about the technology and times we are in. While it seems like the general population is dumb, if you compare them to just a decade prior they would be much more intelligent. This is the work of public schools.
For most people, yes. Education is necessary, but how you become educated is up to you. Highschool is a joke, but it's required by law in most countries so you might as well get what you can while you are there.
no. just look things up if you need to know something u don't and if u really want to then u can go.  u should just learn how to do your job and then do it. and ffs use a calculator. however, u should probably go to at least 5th grade for basic educations to know how things work and stuff.
(02-11-2016 - 12:40 PM)SkyNet Wrote:
(02-10-2016 - 10:14 AM)nil Wrote: Most of the famous people Bill Gates didn't even finish school yet Bill Gates has a brilliant mind.

I absolutely hate it when people use Bill Gates as an example. Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard University, NOT Level 1 health and beauty. Harvard, One of the most prestigious universities in the world, most students will never get a chance to attend that university. Comparing an Ivy League University to School is absolutely ridiculous.

Ontopic; Yes School is necessary. All those topic's which you learn about in school have some use in the real world. The idea of school is to arm you with everything you'll ever need regardless of the field you step into. "I'll never use Pythagoras Theorem in the real world", It's useful for Engineering, Satellite triangulation in fact Triangulation of any kind. "I'll never use Algebra", Never touch computer science or engineering of any sort.

Most kid's these days are ignorant, they don't understand the value of what they're learning and what that could be applied towards. Stay in school, Get your classes done. It'll pay off later in life.

You say "Most kid's these days are ignorant, they don't understand the value of what they're learning and what that could be applied towards." But look at Isaac Newton. He didn't care about school. He thought school was just stupid; and I bet he wanted to drop out. Later on turned out to be one the greatest minds in the world. Does that make him "ignorant". Then you said "Stay in school, Get your classes done. It'll pay off later in life."Some times it doesn't pay off. It's just a waste of your time that you can never get back.
Lol I didn't learn much at school but I don't think it's tottly pointless lol
It's 100% necessary, but i'd argue that it should include more useful subjects. Things like teaching kids how to do taxes and save money, invest etc. Useful & essential stuff that gets overlooked.
"School is boring, I do not see its purpose. People in school are mean, and it really stinks."

If this is considered reasoning for not going to school, then you definitely need to go to school. Not everything has to be entertaining and coddle to peoples short attention spans.
even though...i hate it during childhood days...but yes i am happy that i got good friends..
(11-20-2018 - 02:04 PM)sotroubled Wrote: It's 100% necessary, but i'd argue that it should include more useful subjects. Things like teaching kids how to do taxes and save money, invest etc. Useful & essential stuff that gets overlooked.

I totally agree by the points asPeace school is the only place from where we get to learn many things in a proper way.

Users browsing: 5 Guest(s)