ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Is school really necessary?

by explain - 02-09-2016 - 03:30 PM
To a certain degree, it develops you as a person.
i dont think you need school nowadays - i was straight into marketing out of highschool - the experience of a decade helps more than 5years of uni and then jumping in
You don't have to go to school to be smart, but if you don't go to school, no ones gonna take your seriously.
My wife and I home school our children. Best decision we ever made.
It is. Mentioning Bill Gates or prodigies that happened to not attend school is cherry-picking. I don't mean to redpill, but not just beacuse a few guys without a degree made amazing contributions you're guaranteed to succeed just like they did. Think about it.
To a certain extent yes, but there is a point where it is no longer "necessary," in my opinion. For instance math in particular, all should be taught the basic principles of math as those are pretty essential, but things like Calculus and Trig aren't necessarily needed (though I understand the argument of them being used to develop better problem solving skills, which I agree with).
I believe that school is necessary for building relationships with friends and for having a very good general knowledge. I do however believe that the grades you get after school are not necessary.
School isn't as necessary as most people make it to be.. If your career path isn't affected by what you learn anymore then there's really no need for you to go to school past that stage.
(08-28-2016 - 05:20 AM)TrihardCx123 Wrote: School isn't as necessary as most people make it to be.. If your career path isn't affected by what you learn anymore then there's really no need for you to go to school past that stage.

So, I guess you want to turn out to be a failure? Or, have you already?
-----------------------------------------

Ye tru neva false.

----------------------------------------------
Necessary for what is the question. In America, Dewey wrote quite openly about his basing the public school system on the Prussian one . That being, to turn out idiots to work in factories and who would volunteer for the military. Today you have 8-9% of the jobs in manufacturing as it's all gone to China and the military is getting smaller and smaller and the future for both, is in autonmous machines.

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)