ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Video game prices.

by macnelsonhorn - 11-10-2016 - 02:28 AM
yea its crazy man my brother bought bf1 the deluxe edition(idk what its called) for like 99$......
(12-02-2016 - 07:25 PM)narre90 Wrote: yea its crazy man my brother bought bf1 the deluxe edition(idk what its called) for like 99$......

AH HA! I found the context of this message. 

Any ways, to comment on game prices:

They have soared far beyond the norm of what a video game should be priced at. In the past, a deluxe edition came with something grandiose and made it worth buying the deluxe edition of said game. For example: back when Call of Duty: Black Ops came out the Prestige Edition was valued at around $129.99 (plus taxes, reservation fees, and other miscellaneous fees), and it came with the original 4 Nazi Zombie maps, a steel cover art game case, a "medal of honor," an actual RC Car, the game itself, and if I'm not mistaken the season pass. All of that for about $135-$140. Probably closer to a $300 value, if marketed today. 

It pisses me off when you buy a video game at full AAA-title value and you get an Indie game at best *cough* No Man's Sky *cough* ...Excuse me..allergies are acting up, then there are games like ARK: Survival Evolved where they charger you half of the AAA cost ($30-$40) and you're getting an incredible title.

Game prices are fucking nuts nowadays and it really pisses me off.
That is why I love amazon prime. get great games for cheap! ye
Freelance .NET & PHP Developer and Personal/Product GFX Artist
[Image: glJMOVQ.gif]
If you don't care the multiplayer use torrent. I would recommend you FitGirl realeses.
IMO $60 for a game is a fair price for a new game, judging by the fact that the developers took their time to actually make it. Only problem I really have with that being the price is all the micro-transactions that you learn exist. Once you get into the game, you look and see an item or something with a price next to it, and you start to question if it's worth it; in the end, if you were to buy a good amount of DLC, you'd really end up paying the price of the game itself twice over.
well i almost never pay for games, I already pay for xbox live and for that I get get 2 games each month for free, my backlog is ever growing. i only buy old games for 10 euros or so max when they are extra cheap.
To be fair 60$ for game isn't that much. Especially when you know that you are gonna play it for the next 1-2 months
If it s a decent game that will be playable for a few months I'm fine with paying that, but most get tedious after a couple of weeks or are full of bugs and can barely be played on release....
depends where you're from other countries cost more
UK they're expensive.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)