ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Depression

by Sea - 02-15-2017 - 02:27 AM
Sometimes you're just sitting there enjoying a klondike bar, the next you're wanting to just die. Depression hits me like a sack of rocks and I hate it.
That's very common lol, happens to all of us. Best thing to do is to find something that keeps your mind from thinking about random thoughts. It helps with depression. Watch a movie, watch funny videos, play video games, read a book. All these things help, trust me i've been dealing with this shit for years xD
I feel you.
Cartoon watching guy, "i've been dealing with this shit for years" yeah, because you avoid it. Everyone doesn't all of a sudden go from ice cream the complete opposite. Sounds like bipolar. Go see a doctor.
(02-27-2017 - 03:12 PM)MSCR Wrote: Cartoon watching guy, "i've been dealing with this shit for years" yeah, because you avoid it. Everyone doesn't all of a sudden go from ice cream the complete opposite. Sounds like bipolar. Go see a doctor.

Well, let me stop ya right there. I've been going to therapy for almost 10 years. When you have constant stress sources that are literally make or break ergo, my power or water being shut off, my rent not being paid, my loans and taxes not being paid, insurances not paid, can't find work, etc etc etc. It isn't bipolar disorder. No, not everyone does go from having a good time to the worst of their life, its called chronic depression. Seeing a doctor doesn't help that, seeing a doctor makes you stress more. Being told I have chronic depression and then being told my only options are continue therapy and take pills to make me feel happy again are the worst things imaginable.

I didn't go as deep as I felt because I try to keep my emotions to myself, especially on a social media platform like forums. But, since you're being slightly insensitive with the topic and a little ignorant, I feel like I should go on a small tear.

Depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders aren't something that are simply solved by seeing a doctor. Also, depression has so many different levels and those levels vary from person to person that its nearly impossible to treat with a blanket solution like "see a doctor."

Also, about telling them they've been dealing with these issues for year because they are avoiding it is also so ignorant and wrong its incredible. I deal with my depression every day. I wake up sad, I go to sleep sad, shower sad, have sex sad, watch movies sad, eat sad, shit sad, everything I do: I'm sad. To the point where it's always in my face, so I'm not avoiding it. I can't, even if I tried to. Also mood swings are a very common symptom for Major Depression Disorder and high levels of anxiety.

Now while I understand you may one of those lucky people who don't suffer from severe depression and anxiety, at least do some homework about it, if you're going to make a comment about it.
(03-14-2017 - 08:06 PM)sharates Wrote: be optimistic man life is short

Optimism is a fool's idea. You must be real and understand how life will throw you down. Just thinking positive and hoping for positivity doesn't make it so. Being optimistic because life is short is a foolish way to live. It’s basically saying: "Be happy, you have a limited time, so you have to be happy."

Live life with an experience of emotions and live it with all of them, also something I feel you and everyone are completely missing: chronic depression can be a chemical imbalance, something a person cannot physically change through thinking it away.

That's like you falling and breaking your arm, and the doctor says "Just keep telling yourself it isn't broken."

While I appreciate your comment and positivity and even the effort you gave forth, but please read my previous responses, and take more time than reading the initial post or even just the title and think about your response with more depth.
I can't really offer advice, but be well.

I'm sure friends and family are there for you.
We're all going to die. Don't waste your time feeling bad about it.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
I have depression sometimes too. It sucks a lot but i always seem to get over it and im sure you will to.
I grew up with my dad.. my best friend and he passed away December 13, 2016.. just a few months ago. I'm only 18 and that has been the hardest thing in my life, depression set in hard.. i didn't want to do anything but i kept pushing myself forward. Thanks to friends, YouTube, etc! If you ever need someone to talk to PM me.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Users browsing: 4 Guest(s)