ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

What do you think of this text? (Robert Anton Wilson)

by AlteredStates - 10-25-2016 - 05:07 PM
“When we meet somebody whose separate tunnel-reality is obviously far different from ours, we are a bit frightened and always disoriented. We tend to think they are mad, or that they are crooks trying to con us in some way, or that they are hoaxers playing a joke. Yet it is neurologically obvious that no two brains have the same genetically-programmed hard wiring, the same imprints, the same conditioning, the same learning experiences. We are all living in separate realities. That is why communication fails so often, and misunderstandings and resentments are so common. I say "meow" and you say "Bow-wow," and each of us is convinced the other is a bit dumb.”

(Robert Anton Wilson)
I think this is just a very intelligent way of saying that someone else is dumb as hell.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
(10-25-2016 - 06:09 PM)Red Wrote: I think this is just a very intelligent way of saying that someone else is dumb as hell.

It has nothing to do with someone is dumb as hell. I'm sure it's referring to the fact that we are all blind to what knowledge really is. As we all see things in life in a completely different perspective, we always think we're right without evaluating the actual value of what's really going on in the world we live in. More of a standardized base on what we are in today's society.
(10-27-2016 - 07:06 PM)Axe Wrote:
(10-25-2016 - 06:09 PM)Red Wrote: I think this is just a very intelligent way of saying that someone else is dumb as hell.

It has nothing to do with someone is dumb as hell. I'm sure it's referring to the fact that we are all blind to what knowledge really is. As we all see things in life in a completely different perspective, we always think we're right without evaluating the actual value of what's really going on in the world we live in. More of a standardized base on what we are in today's society.

It depends on the perspective of the person looking at the text. From your view, you see it as a message for humanity. I see it as a message for one person, if someone is blind from knowledge, then they are dumb, or considered to be less than equal. That is not my personal opinion, that is just what I perceive from the text.
(10-27-2016 - 07:24 PM)Red Wrote: It depends on the perspective of the person looking at the text. From your view, you see it as a message for humanity. I see it as a message for one person, if someone is blind from knowledge, then they are dumb, or considered to be less than equal. That is not my personal opinion, that is just what I perceive from the text.
Yet the entirety of the passage is explaining what we're doing right now, the lesser of two intellects is what I'd call it.
(10-27-2016 - 07:44 PM)Axe Wrote:
(10-27-2016 - 07:24 PM)Red Wrote: It depends on the perspective of the person looking at the text. From your view, you see it as a message for humanity. I see it as a message for one person, if someone is blind from knowledge, then they are dumb, or considered to be less than equal. That is not my personal opinion, that is just what I perceive from the text.
Yet the entirety of the passage is explaining what we're doing right now, the lesser of two intellects is what I'd call it.

Everyone is equal, it's just a matter of perspective.
(10-27-2016 - 07:46 PM)Red Wrote: Everyone is equal, it's just a matter of perspective.

False statement, nobody is equal or on the same playing field in life. There's always a group,organization, race, or even gender that's one step ahead of the other.
(10-27-2016 - 07:49 PM)Axe Wrote:
(10-27-2016 - 07:46 PM)Red Wrote: Everyone is equal, it's just a matter of perspective.

False statement, nobody is equal or on the same playing field in life. There's  always a group,organization, race, or even gender that's one step ahead of the other.

Again, another perspective. Everyone is equal in the fact we breathe, we eat, we drink, we also die.
(10-27-2016 - 07:50 PM)Red Wrote: Again, another perspective. Everyone is equal in the fact we breathe, we eat, we drink, we also die.

And we also don't get the same scales to stand on to make our life successful or count on the time and place that we die. Our service will not be the same. The way we die will not be the same. The quality of food we eat will not be the same, some people don't eat at all. Some people drink shitty water that's not even purified. These are life problems that separate those who are blinded by the media thinking we're all "equal" when we're not, and never will be.
(10-27-2016 - 07:52 PM)Axe Wrote:
(10-27-2016 - 07:50 PM)Red Wrote: Again, another perspective. Everyone is equal in the fact we breathe, we eat, we drink, we also die.

And we also don't get the same scales to stand on to make our life successful or count on the time and place that we die. Our service will not be the same. The way we die will not be the same. The quality of food we eat will not be the same, some people don't eat at all. Some people drink shitty water that's not even purified. These are life problems that separate those who are blinded by the media thinking we're all "equal" when we're not, and never will be.

That's just going into specifics, it doesn't matter how you die, the fact remains that you're still dead, along with everyone else who is dead.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)