ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

What Defines Bad Anime?

by Sea - 02-01-2017 - 10:35 PM
What is it (to you), that defines a bad anime? For me, its an anime that lacks content. Whether that content be character development or story, or is simply too dry of a watch. However, there are many other different reasons I can find an anime poorly done. Like in Neon Genesis Evangelion (I'm ready for the hate), where the concepts are there, the content is there, but the execution is so poorly done that I can't stand it. Evangelion is one of many that have done this, its just one of the most prominent and popular one's that stand out to me. 

So what is it to you that makes a particular anime bad?
It's all personal preference over anything else. Bad Anime would be a story that I dislike even more if it has bad pacing, boring characters and/or annoying voices. I also dislike the use of 3D in some shots of anime, because some of it just looks terrible and doesn't fit the style.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Anime that have 12 episodes or less usually don't go into depth about character development or the story because they can't fit everything in without making it boring. I assume you're not a fan of those.
If the characters are too flat/not easily someone I identify with or the story just has nothing progressing it or a lot of filler, it's just not something I can push through. Annoying voices and wonky art seem to push me away too.
(05-16-2017 - 11:38 AM)Waifu Wrote: Anime that have 12 episodes or less usually don't go into depth about character development or the story because they can't fit everything in without making it boring. I assume you're not a fan of those.

I actually really enjoy short anime. There are gems that are less than 20 episodes and can have a great amount of character development. A recent anime that I watched was "The Devil is a Part-Timer!" It was fantastic and was only 13 episodes.
I think bad anime is anime that has:

● crazy bad animation.

● weak characters (characters that you don't know anything about)

● a terrible plot (not interesting)

● there isn't any meaning substance (life lessons)

● not enough comic relief (has to have fun parts)

● can't transition from scene to scene well (confusing or fast paced story line)
Characters, a history that makes you watch all the episodes and make you want for more and more and a good timing between the chapters
agreeing with above, if the characters don't grab you no amount of creative plot or flashy action is going to keep your attention if you don't care about those involved and to be clear the characters don't have to be likeable per say, or moral, just well written and interesting
volsisanmime and lodlersanime
For me, a bad anime is one without girls with huge boobies!

Ya know, i love too see such nice stuff! >;3

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)