ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Rate my custom UI

by IcyJake - 03-29-2020 - 08:57 PM
So, I'm making a mod manager for GTA V, which basically just manages all your mods that you have installed for GTA and it also does a few other things. I was tired of using the same overused UI frameworks, so I decided to make a custom one. Tell me what you guys think:

[Image: AyMo2Ly.png]

Would you guys use it (the UI)?
Simple and clean. Looks good!
Looks good, I don't really understand the huge space from checkbox to (TopMost) to the file select/upload, which I guess must be reserved for error/success messages (labels?) but ugh, it looks kind of weird.
(03-29-2020 - 09:55 PM)Matt Wrote: Looks good, I don't really understand the huge space from checkbox to (TopMost) to the file select/upload, which I guess must be reserved for error/success messages (labels?) but ugh, it looks kind of weird.

It's because the TopMost option is like a setting and I tend to have any settings in the top corner. For example, let's say I had an opacity setting that made the Windows form like 30% transparent, so you could kind of see through the form. I would put that setting right under TopMost. It's just something I've always done, lol. I do appreciate the feedback, though!!

<3
(03-30-2020 - 02:44 PM)IcyJake Wrote:
(03-29-2020 - 09:55 PM)Matt Wrote: Looks good, I don't really understand the huge space from checkbox to (TopMost) to the file select/upload, which I guess must be reserved for error/success messages (labels?) but ugh, it looks kind of weird.

It's because the TopMost option is like a setting and I tend to have any settings in the top corner. For example, let's say I had an opacity setting that made the Windows form like 30% transparent, so you could kind of see through the form. I would put that setting right under TopMost. It's just something I've always done, lol. I do appreciate the feedback, though!!

<3

no ugh what I meant was definitely not what you described, let me circle it on the picture.

I don't know why there's all this space that's circled with red, look:

[Image: mEq12Ji.png]

But other than still looks sleek, gl :D
I like it, looks clean and easy to navigate thought.
[Image: jjk-hakari.gif]
(04-22-2020 - 08:12 PM)Cyan Wrote: I like it, looks clean and easy to navigate thought.

I appreciate it, buddy.
very nice man good work
I like it as well however I am noticing there is a few issues with lining of the words. the text is off base but other than that it's a pretty simple layout. overall it's incredibly functional and looks like he gets the job done. if you're making your own framework for GUI development have you done anything with drop down boxes. this looks like a good start. hopefully we can see more progress in the future it's always good to see people expanding their knowledge base.
if you like my posts and want to see more please plus rep
If you could make the spacing between the buttons uniform that would be great

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)