ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

My Opinions On Web Miners

by Ibiza - 02-28-2018 - 03:41 AM
Alright, so alot of people are against the idea of a website using 60% or more of your CPU while you are browsing. Listen though, you cannot complain about display advertisements and pop-ads then complain about the alternative that is presented in front of you. The mining is quite a cut for websites as it doesn't make nearly as much as any form of advertising but they are providing you a cleaner browsing experience because advertisements aren't littered across your screen. I use a web miner, I have it set up on my server and is mining a coin called Bytecoin, it is a huge cut from the profits I was making on display advertising but I made the cut because my users wanted them gone. So I have it set to 60% mining which in theory shouldn't affect you that much unless you are running a bunch of crap on your computer at once which is on you.

I think that it is the future of advertising and will be a better and hopefully in the future much more widely accepted method of advertising because if you get rid of them all then you are going to be left with services that are going to require subscriptions in order for them to make money to run.
Web mining is great until you're browing with a laptop, but is great to see how more and more devs is including it
Yes exactly !!
wat, people can mine while u on their site?
I agree 100%. Definitely think it's the future of website revenue.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Scammer
Not a fan of it ever since GPUs spiked. Now adays buying a prebuilt is more efficient sadly enough if you want a high grade PC.
They're probably the future of making money on the internet, yes. But in their current form, no one wants them. Give the user control about how much the miner gets to use, or otherwise it's a full-on adblock fest for all webminers.
thanks this will be helpful
I think it's nice but I also heard that Google removes websites that use miners in the background from their search results so I don't think it's worth it
(or maybe I am wrong?)
I don't really like the idea of people using my PC's power.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)