ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

My Opinions On Web Miners

by Ibiza - 02-28-2018 - 03:41 AM
Itz real nice thanks
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Multi
buddy of mine mines and made a shit ton
Baby question here - are any of the miners able to backdoor into your system or nah?
(06-22-2018 - 02:48 AM)dorkfest3000 Wrote: Baby question here - are any of the miners able to backdoor into your system or nah?

I think that you misunderstand what a backdoor is and how it could apply to the software that I am talking about. A backdoor is an exploit that is programmed into a program so that the developer is able to access the software and do what they want with it. Which yes is could possibly be dangerous. In this case however I am talking about web miners that are based on JavaScript, The one I actually use for my sites is hosted on a server that is running Nginx and NodeJS, I picked up a Github Repo that was for Web Miners and that was where I made my Web Miner. Now How I used it was on another server that is actually running the site I would call up the web miner from the first server and define a few settings. It then runs a basic Crypto miner in JavaScript on your through your web browser. So in theory a normal web miner isn't going to do anything other than use a percentage of your CPU while you are browsing but if you are on a malicious site it may be possible for someone to exploit this technology to say put another miner on your computer secretly, but that isn't something that already cant be done.
I think it's fine as long as it is disclosed by the site.
You dont really make enough coins to be worth the reduced browsing speeds
(06-28-2018 - 11:14 PM)bbqc1074 Wrote: You dont really make enough coins to be worth the reduced browsing speeds

There is barely a difference in speed
The investment really isn't worth it. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. All these sites guarantee returns...
(06-29-2018 - 06:50 AM)Bull Wrote: The investment really isn't worth it. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. All these sites guarantee returns...

You dont want to use a miner from Coinhive or anything like that, I have had the most success with a my own software
Mining in general to me is a dated concept in relating to bitcoin. It's impossible now! That is all great post!

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)