ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

I'm Learning alot of HTML & CSS

by Senpai - 01-10-2016 - 01:10 AM
<html>
<head>
<title> Welcome to the HTML Train! </title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="cyan">
<h1> Hello! </h1>
<p> You have recently been recognized as a Student who is learning how to code in HTML and CSS! Just a few things before you get started on this excellent journey! I will explain some HTML tags to get you started. </p>
<h2> Data Definitions </h2>
<dl>
<dt> The <dl> </dl> tag is a Definition List tag. It orders the computer to read it as you would a dictionary. But the <dt> </dt> is the Definition Term tag such as the term 'Sun' in the dictionary.</dt>
<dd> The <dd> </dd> tag is referred to as the Data Definition tag. This would be the definition of the term which in this case is 'A scorching hot bundle of fire' </dd>
</dl>

<h2> Ordered Lists (Food Example) </h2>
<p> In this section we will be talking about the <ol> </ol> tag (ordered list) and the ul tag (unordered list). A quick trick with the ol tag is that you can type <ol type="I"> to make it in roman numerals. And with the <ul> </ul> tag you can type <ul type="square"> to make the bullets a square instead of a circle. Lastly is the <li> </li> tag which is used when listing an item. </p>
<ol>
<li> Fruit </li>
<li> Poultry </li>
<li> Vegetables </li>
</ol>

OR

<ul>
<li> Fruit </li>
<li> Poultry </li>
<li> Vegetables </li>
</ul>

<h2>  Conclusion </h2>
<p> Just to finish up this basic tutorial to help you remembers, I will go over a few other tags and then we can finish this up! First things first is the <hr /> tag. This creates a horizontal rule which is a line that goes across your page. There is no need to </hr> this tag because it is opened and closed in one tag (hr />).

Next would be the <br> tag. This take implements a page break in the text. On the other hand is the <p> tag which is a paragraph tag. This is used for the full space the ENTER button provides. The <br> tag is usually half the paragraph space. </p>

<p> I don't want to keep you too long so hopefully this will give you some background information on some of the tags. I can assist you further if deemed necessary. Thanks for reading and keep on coding! </p>

</body>
</html>

I wrote all of this.

P.S. Good luck!
I remember first learning HTML and CSS. Loved them then, love them now.
Hehe. I know all this, but congrats!
We can always use w3schools lol
Thanks anyway :)
Man I used to do some web design as a hobby for friends looking to make personal websites or portfolio websites. Haven't touched HTML or CSS in ages, though. This is bringing back memories, for sure.
Keep it up my dude

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)