ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Any point to this?

by Endgame - 01-06-2019 - 06:25 AM
Idk anything about mining crypto except it requires a good cpu or rig. 

I have a few low end PCs laying around and was wondering if it would be worth the trouble to set them all up to do the cost-less cpu mining or whatever?

I wouldn't expect much profit, if any, plus they're not used for anything atm.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
requires a lot of power (energy) too !
I haven't mined in a while but CPU mining isn't profitable. However if you wanted to set it up for all of them it can be a bit of a hassle, well just time consuming, especially when setting up a wallet and syncing to the blockchain (if you don't have a wallet).

If any of them have a GPU you're better off mining with that, unless it's really old.
I have a couple bitcoin wallets including a bitcoin debit card. 

I figured it's not  profitable, but you're saying it wouldn't bring in a few dollars a day even?

If it helps the computers in question are:

Dell Inspiron One 2305 AIO Desktop
HP 15-f272wm laptop
1 other I forgot til I get home.
I love Mars
Well you're definitely going to be paying more in electricity. I'm not sure if you will bring in dollars a day but you will bring in something.

When I used to mine AEON I used to bring in like $1.50 a day but that was with cloud mining as well.
I have been on many forums asking about mining and I've heard that it uses a lot of electricity and isn't actually worth doing unless you have a really powerful computer.

At one point I was considering mining then I found out it was pretty pointless especially on my current specs.
(01-07-2019 - 04:18 PM)abyscuit Wrote: Well you're definitely going to be paying more in electricity. I'm not sure if you will bring in dollars a day but you will bring in something.

When I used to mine AEON I used to bring in like $1.50 a day but that was with cloud mining as well.

Yeah that's true. Thanks for the advice.

(01-07-2019 - 05:28 PM)Cry Wrote: I have been on many forums asking about mining and I've heard that it uses a lot of electricity and isn't actually worth doing unless you have a really powerful computer.

At one point I was considering mining then I found out it was pretty pointless especially on my current specs.

Thanks for the advice.
I love Mars

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)