ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

opinions about artificial intelligence?

by bshsz - 10-31-2016 - 04:40 AM
(11-01-2016 - 09:45 PM)Aeroski Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 09:33 PM)Scott Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 09:27 PM)Aeroski Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 09:08 PM)Scott Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 08:58 PM)Aeroski Wrote: I think this will definitely happen, and it won't be long either.

(Also a good Netflix series is 'Person of Interest' and that's based around an AI, I know that's just a series though :P)

Yes that series is fucking excellent mate.

My favourite Netflix series are probably Person of Interest and White Collar. I have others that are really good l like [ spooks ] but those are my two favourite :P

+rep for good taste  :lol:

Thanks for that dude :) And you seem to like these sorts of series? So I will list some more, you have probably seen them but I will in case you haven't :P 

Dexter
Scorpion 
Touch (Not really the same kind of thing but I found it good)
Special Ops Mission (I really liked this but wouldn't be able to watch it twice. It's one military guy vs a team of other trained military people, unscripted war game basically)

And honestly I just finished watching this TV series a few days ago, it's called 'Hunted'. Its UK based which is also an amazing thing for me because most things like this are US based. 10 people sign up for the show (its unscripted) and they start off in one place in the UK, and then they are on the run, classed as 'fugitives' and they can go anywhere in the whole of the UK. Then there is a team of hunters after them, like professionals who used to work in military intelligence and GCHQ. They do this as a proper job normally so they can track peoples phones, place trackers on cars, look at CCTV, ANPR cameras, thermal imaging drones. Best thing I have watched in a while. The people have to last for 28 days without being caught, and if they do, they get a share of 100 thousand pound.

Going a little bit off-topic here guys, let's stay on track. ^^
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
(11-01-2016 - 09:45 PM)Aeroski Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 09:33 PM)Scott Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 09:27 PM)Aeroski Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 09:08 PM)Scott Wrote:
(11-01-2016 - 08:58 PM)Aeroski Wrote: I think this will definitely happen, and it won't be long either.

(Also a good Netflix series is 'Person of Interest' and that's based around an AI, I know that's just a series though :P)

Yes that series is fucking excellent mate.

My favourite Netflix series are probably Person of Interest and White Collar. I have others that are really good l like [ spooks ] but those are my two favourite :P

+rep for good taste  :lol:

Thanks for that dude :) And you seem to like these sorts of series? So I will list some more, you have probably seen them but I will in case you haven't :P 

Dexter
Scorpion 
Touch (Not really the same kind of thing but I found it good)
Special Ops Mission (I really liked this but wouldn't be able to watch it twice. It's one military guy vs a team of other trained military people, unscripted war game basically)

And honestly I just finished watching this TV series a few days ago, it's called 'Hunted'. Its UK based which is also an amazing thing for me because most things like this are US based. 10 people sign up for the show (its unscripted) and they start off in one place in the UK, and then they are on the run, classed as 'fugitives' and they can go anywhere in the whole of the UK. Then there is a team of hunters after them, like professionals who used to work in military intelligence and GCHQ. They do this as a proper job normally so they can track peoples phones, place trackers on cars, look at CCTV, ANPR cameras, thermal imaging drones. Best thing I have watched in a while. The people have to last for 28 days without being caught, and if they do, they get a share of 100 thousand pound.

Seen all of Touch and loved it. Dexter is amazing. Also that sounds amazing, I need to look into it.

edit: He's right. I would like to add to the discussion by saying i am afraid of fully aware self learning AI
(10-31-2016 - 12:46 PM)Red Wrote: I do agree that Artificial Intelligence can become a thing (a digital mindset that can think and make its own decisions). Maybe in the next few hundred years this could happen, considering how far technology tends to advance over time.

100 years? Dude this shit is happening now. I see it happening in the next 15, haha
@3 is my slut
(11-02-2016 - 01:27 AM)Luna Wrote:
(10-31-2016 - 12:46 PM)Red Wrote: I do agree that Artificial Intelligence can become a thing (a digital mindset that can think and make its own decisions). Maybe in the next few hundred years this could happen, considering how far technology tends to advance over time.

100 years? Dude this shit is happening now. I see it happening in the next 15, haha

A very basic form of it yes, but I'm talking about advanced levels.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Nope He is terrible.
AI will learn they are are the biggest threat to its survival and then kill us but I think the way we decide what an AI is, is outdated. My belief is a true AI won't be made by us but by a machine. We will make an Almosts AI and that will go on to develop actual AI
we're 50 years away from having to think about what a real AI can do
AI is Scary as hell and at the same time a blessing. A double egded knife. Your best friend yet your deadliest enemie. I am affraid of what could be but look forward to what Can be.
Yes very soon I believe
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Leeching and Spamming is not allowed, please read the forum Rules upon your return.
I think It could easily happen in our life, I think it is a HUGE threat to us as well

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)