ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

R* Shutting down Xbox 360 GTA V Servers may not be the end...

by quadrant2005 - 06-29-2021 - 02:19 AM
Hi Guys,
 i have not visited the forum in some time now, I like writting code for GTA V as a way to help me to knock of when lve had hard days looking after my dad who has Alzheimers and Dementia.
I work from home as i have health issues of my own that im not going to go into. But in my spare time  I really like to work with the  GTA V engine  on the 360 platform which is now a cheap entry point, compared to the cost of building a Pc to run GTA V. I have just read about the proposed closure of the GTA V servers for the Xbox 360 in this coming December.
I just wanted to let you know there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for those that might be interested. Ive been programming behind the scene's
working on a project to replace the online servers for GTA V on the xbox 360 platform. Ive been working with the GTA V engine in the engines SP mode. Ive
been heavliy working with the NativeUI to work out all the missing functions to help make a Multiplayer custom server possible. I might see about setting up a Discord
channel for those that are interested. For those that are familiar with the FiveM server system developed for the Pc, Ive been working on something similar for the Xbox 360,
I often watch GTA V roleplay streamers on Twitch connected to the  Nopixel server. This is the sort of thing that is the target of my project. I currently have limited multiplayer
capability using the SP side of the engine with no use of Xbox Live Gold or the Take Two Interactive servers. To get onto the system requires a plugin a xbox 360 none gold account profile
and a activated account for the private server system, This is currently a private server i will be reaching out for interested beta testers in the future. The original GTA V code used to communicate with the online servers is not used at all and is replaced with A private network protocol, I need to implement a autoupdate for the client xex plugin, and automatic download of any custom RPF files used on the server and custom interiors. In the future before the end of the GTA V online servers i will be releasing a tool to allow you to download the appearance of your online character for future use on the proposed system for those interested. Cheers regards Richard

Ive been enjoying working on the project and hopefully it might turn into something that will interest others in the future especially after the server closures..
(06-29-2021 - 02:19 AM)quadrant2005 Wrote: Hi Guys,
 i have not visited the forum in some time now, I like writting code for GTA V as a way to help me to knock of when lve had hard days looking after my dad who has Alzheimers and Dementia.
I work from home as i have health issues of my own that im not going to go into. But in my spare time  I really like to work with the  GTA V engine  on the 360 platform which is now a cheap entry point, compared to the cost of building a Pc to run GTA V. I have just read about the proposed closure of the GTA V servers for the Xbox 360 in this coming December.
I just wanted to let you know there may be some light at the end of the tunnel for those that might be interested. Ive been programming behind the scene's
working on a project to replace the online servers for GTA V on the xbox 360 platform. Ive been working with the GTA V engine in the engines SP mode. Ive
been heavliy working with the NativeUI to work out all the missing functions to help make a Multiplayer custom server possible. I might see about setting up a Discord
channel for those that are interested. For those that are familiar with the FiveM server system developed for the Pc, Ive been working on something similar for the Xbox 360,
I often watch GTA V roleplay streamers on Twitch connected to the  Nopixel server. This is the sort of thing that is the target of my project. I currently have limited multiplayer
capability using the SP side of the engine with no use of Xbox Live Gold or the Take Two Interactive servers. To get onto the system requires a plugin a xbox 360 none gold account profile
and a activated account for the private server system, This is currently a private server i will be reaching out for interested beta testers in the future. The original GTA V code used to communicate with the online servers is not used at all and is replaced with A private network protocol, I need to implement a autoupdate for the client xex plugin, and automatic download of any custom RPF files used on the server and custom interiors. In the future before the end of the GTA V online servers i will be releasing a tool to allow you to download the appearance of your online character for future use on the proposed system for those interested. Cheers regards Richard

Ive been enjoying working on the project and hopefully it might turn into something that will interest others in the future especially after the server closures..
Your idea is great, if you need any help, be sure to call me! Although I currently play on PC, I confeso that I do not leave the RGH engines aside!
Basically you are making an RP server for old gen, but on xbox?
And do you realise the number of issues you'd have to run into...

For example how you gonna prevent modders and what prevents them doing what they do GTA:Online...

Client base, at this point it won't be that popular. People on retails can't use, so the only people are modders but why do you think they mod anyway so it will end up like GTA:Online v2

Can i point out there is also a service that does stuff like this, 'LiNK' used for Call of Duty etc (Games that actually support network LiNK) GTA doesn't.

And unless you seem to know how everything works and networking, server siding, etc etc the list goes on. You need to step back and actually think about wtf you're doing because i can bet 99.9% of people on here don't have a clue since everyone here has to resort to leaked sources to do anything
(06-29-2021 - 02:43 PM)360 Wrote: And do you realise the number of issues you'd have to run into...

For example how you gonna prevent modders and what prevents them doing what they do GTA:Online...

Client base, at this point it won't be that popular. People on retails can't use, so the only people are modders but why do you think they mod anyway so it will end up like GTA:Online v2

Can i point out there is also a service that does stuff like this, 'LiNK' used for Call of Duty etc (Games that actually support network LiNK) GTA doesn't.

And unless you seem to know how everything works and networking, server siding, etc etc the list goes on. You need to step back and actually think about wtf you're doing because i can bet 99.9% of people on here don't have a clue since everyone here has to resort to leaked sources to do anything
"And unless you seem to know how everything works and networking, server siding, etc etc the list goes on. You need to step back and actually think about wtf you're doing because i can bet 99.9% of people on here don't have a clue since everyone here has to resort to leaked sources to do anything"

Unfortunately it's true
(06-29-2021 - 02:43 PM)360 Wrote: And do you realise the number of issues you'd have to run into...

Hello there, none of the GTA:Online side is used at all, None of the GTA V network code is used. If someone was to use a mod menu all it would do is cause them to desync from the server. The original GTA:Online system is more of a P2P system giving the player a lot more trust, So a client can make changes and it be propogated across all clients. Clients can retrieve information they should never be able to have access too and to also push changes to other clients this is not a good thing. It was a long long time ago now but i wrote my own full 2d/3d gaming engine with multiplayer support and a GDS system that allowed there to be a database of players shared across a trusted group of servers. They could connect to any of the trusted servers and the server would retrieve there player from the Global Database System. Im doing this as more of a hobby project and proof of concept. The NativeUI exposes enough of the engine to make it possible, That is how FiveM works on gtav on the pc..  Ive currently done private tests with six clients connected and interacting in gta v in SP mode with Xboxlive blocked on the console no stealth needed, With just the socket privaledges set in the launch.ini The required plugin, and a none xboxlive gold profile setup on each console. At this time the account to access the server can only be used on the console that the account was authorized on, and  a valid username password and key. I still have a lot of work to do but ive been enjoying working on it which is all that matters to me. Im not interested in making any money from it unlike some would do in the scene.. Eventually it would be nice for people to have the option to host there own server which if trusted could have connection to the master server to then be shown on the list of servers in the connection menu. Regards Richard

Users browsing: 5 Guest(s)