ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Why do people like anime?

by JohnDee - 07-31-2018 - 07:14 PM
idk maybe because autism
Helpful discussion
I like watching animes because of its unique story not because anybody told me.
If I don't like the story I stop watching.
state of media entertainment is becoming more instant in delivering gratification. storylines progresses fast.

anime seems to be headed in the other direction, but focus on other ways of gratifying viewers
Generally, I find that compared to Western animation, the Japanese counterpart is much more story and character driven. Series like this are my preference so I enjoy a good amount of them.
For me it varies. Anime most of the time refers to cartoons that have come from Japan. I do agree that it is far nicer to watch without having to read subs, though I have noticed some hilarious tidbits in subbed anime. For example it can sometimes say "sorry, this is a Japanese pun that does not make sense when translated!" Other than that, Anime itself is a wonderful art form and Japanese culture is very creative in it's own way delivering unique perspectives. With anime that has been adapted from a Manga source, I prefer to wait until it is complete (as in, the whole story to finish) before beginning watching. Reason being, it takes time for dubs to catch up. Secondly... so I can skip watching filler episodes/arcs. My experience with Bleach for example was ruined by this, which is a shame as the series had such a promising start.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)