ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Where do you see the future in 20 years?

by Crow - 10-18-2016 - 03:30 AM
Personally myself, I'm a futurist.
I have high hopes for the future in 20 years, and even as soon as 4 years in fact.

I've believed in something so profound since 2005 known as the Singularity, or the Singularity movement.
Singularity suggest that machines and computers are advancing far quicker than we ever imagined and they double in performance and capability every two years.
It suggest that very soon (2020) we will start to see breakthroughs in science that we deemed impossible, unfathomable and not estimated to even be a thing for another 50 years.

Things like cellular regeneration, smart computers becoming a part of us and even solving the age old philosophers stone formula for practical immortality.
It's a very promising event that I've been interested in since 2005 when I read Ray Kurzweil's book and he suggested that we will reach a point where we're adding more time than is going by, indefinitely extending life as a result.

I'm extremely hopeful and excited for all this myself and I see signs of it on the horizon all the time.
I also believe humans last chance to create a global nuclear holocaust was in the cold war where we all had to have enough faith in humanity on both side that we wouldn't launch a nuclear strike on our fellow man because of how inhumane and horrendous the consequences are and I think that was our last testament and hurdle for a potential global holocaust to occur.

So now in my opinion, it's smooth and easy sailing to a brighter and better future for us all as the years come, assuming an unpredictable asteroid doesn't strike or some other giant natural disaster
Where do you see the future being in 20 years?

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!
Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
In the next 20 years I believe there's going to be World War III against Russia, America and ISIS. I also believe we would have migrated to Mars and made other planets our new homes. I also believe we'll discover a cure for cancer and aging. I also definitely believe scientists will have mastered AI and we'll have really advanced AI technology in our everyday lives.
@3 is my slut
(10-18-2016 - 11:12 AM)Luna Wrote: In the next 20 years I believe there's going to be World War III against Russia, America and ISIS. I also believe we would have migrated to Mars and made other planets our new homes. I also believe we'll discover a cure for cancer and aging. I also definitely believe scientists will have mastered AI and we'll have really advanced AI technology in our everyday lives.

I never really saw a war with ISIS breaking out because they're a handful of armed civilians gone terrorist and now that the world leaders of their country who forbade and restricted 1st world influences are mostly gone.
I think it's just a matter of time until those hardened ideologies erode away when they see what modern influences from 1st world countries has to offer and they realize a better quality of life can be available to them.

Russia I imagined would just be a feud possibly, but I don't see Putin going out of his way to start a war that Russia can't afford.
The health of their country and the state it's in is slowly deteriorating because of poor political ethics and it can't compete with all the countries around it.

Far as the rest of the stuff, I believe so too and I really look forward to it, they even discussed how it's possible that we can terraform Mars by using systematic missile strikes on the northern and southern polar ice caps.
High hopes for the future!

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die!
Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
I'd like the future to be like Tomorrowland (the movie).
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
You have very high hopes for the future, everyone needs to be realistic in the sense of how is the world today?

Constant fighting, Countries which were once united falling apart, terrorists, discrimination and so many more issues of today, be it lots of good things too with scientific discoveries and breakthroughs such as a brain surgeon in Italy performing the first head transplant next year is a magnificent development in the medical system.

In years to come there will most definitely be some sort of war we have so many countries on edge with their nuclear buttons which can be pressed at any moment, the slightest mistake can send us roaring into a catastrophic world war. You currently have North Korea practising defence tactics and missile launches at this current time, however if you attack them do you think Kim Jong Un will be scared to push the big red button sending the world into this war?

I see war mainly for the future but there is bright points.
(10-27-2016 - 09:31 PM)Rizla Wrote: You have very high hopes for the future, everyone needs to be realistic in the sense of how is the world today?

Constant fighting, Countries which were once united falling apart, terrorists, discrimination and so many more issues of today, be it lots of good things too with scientific discoveries and breakthroughs such as a brain surgeon in Italy performing the first head transplant next year is a magnificent development in the medical system.

In years to come there will most definitely be some sort of war we have so many countries on edge with their nuclear buttons which can be pressed at any moment, the slightest mistake can send us roaring into a catastrophic world war. You currently have North Korea practising defence tactics and missile launches at this current time, however if you attack them do you think Kim Jong Un will be scared to push the big red button sending the world into this war?

In reality I would agree with you on that. Of course it won't last anyway, mostly because we will either wipe each other out to the point of extinction, or nature will rise against us, forcing a new ice age, or perhaps have a comet/meteor wipe us all out so the world can start fresh.
(10-27-2016 - 09:34 PM)Red Wrote:
(10-27-2016 - 09:31 PM)Rizla Wrote: You have very high hopes for the future, everyone needs to be realistic in the sense of how is the world today?

In reality I would agree with you on that. Of course it won't last anyway, mostly because we will either wipe each other out to the point of extinction, or nature will rise against us, forcing a new ice age, or perhaps have a comet/meteor wipe us all out so the world can start fresh.

We are slowly killing the earth by extincting the animals required to live, for example bees, where would we be without them? They make everything better.
(10-27-2016 - 09:36 PM)Rizla Wrote:
(10-27-2016 - 09:34 PM)Red Wrote:

We are slowly killing the earth by extincting the animals required to live, for example bees, where would we be without them? They make everything better.

That is very true, mostly with the melting of the polar ice caps which is very important for the natural economy of the world. There's always a food chain that keeps everything in order, Wasps kill Spiders, Spiders kill Flies, that sort of thing, where it's all connected which helps life continue.
Not many lower class jobs like cashiers and shit. It will all be automated.

[Image: latest?cb=20170717020129]
(10-27-2016 - 09:54 PM)Winchesterboys Wrote: Not many lower class jobs like cashiers and shit. It will all be automated.

That's a very realistic view. Honestly, I'd imagine that instead of having physical money, we will just have online credits, similar to bitcoin/paypal, where we can just use our accounts on the machine in the stores to make payments.

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)