ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

When to Use a Striped Or a Plain Tie

by mothya - 05-27-2016 - 08:07 AM
[Image: index.php?ac=public&at=zoom&filename=upf...0&iszoom=1]

Even if you're not a necktie fan, you should have at least one. For among men who live in our modern city life, who have not yet worn a tie? Even little boys wear them. Chances are, you are going to ties for men at least once during your lifetime. It's inevitable.

If you noticed too, regardless of material and at most occasions, plain and striped neckties are the two most common ties men wear. There are so many tie designs actually; and tie types for that matter too. But you would always see plain and striped neckties all the time. They're very common. You wear them in school as part of uniform or perhaps part of your office dress code. You also wear ties on formal and business events.

What's with a striped or plain tie anyway?

They're quite simple really. Plain neckties are just solid colored tiles exporters; no designs whatsoever. And striped neckties are just diagonally-stripe-pattern ties. But you'll be amazed to see so many varieties for each type. You'll soon find that out if you're shopping for ties.

Plain ties, though plainly, single colored, can come in hundreds of colors - from the basic colors to the shades thereof. Plain ties probably have all the colors you can think of. You know the basic colors. But who wears the shades of black (or shades of gray), or shades of red (from dark maroon red to pale pink ties)? Yes. Colors, no matter how bold or pale, can reflect mood and personality.

Both ties have two things in common - they're both simple and diverse at the same time. Now how do you choose between the two? Which kind of tie should you wear? When should you wear a plain tie and a striped tie?

This is a no brainer, actually. Just keep in mind color, contrast, and harmony.

Plain ties for boys go well both with plain or designed/patterned shirt. White shirt is the perfect canvass for plain and striped ties. For a plain white shirt, you can wear any type of tie of any color (except white/silver ties). If you choose to wear colored plain shirt, make sure the colors contrast. For example, if you're wearing a light blue shirt, a darker shade of blue tie is perfect. If you're wearing light pink shirt, darker shades of red is your pick, burgundy perhaps. If you're wearing a dark colored shirt, choose a lighter shade of that color for your tie. Strong, warm colors by the way are also considered as classics.

For striped ties, they are best worn with plain colored shirt. There are probably hundreds of striped designs and color combinations, but same rule applies - color, contrast, and harmony. Never wear a striped tie over a striped or patterned shirt too. That is a no-no in fashion.

Now another great reason why both Ties dealers are for keeps is that they're handy, practical, and flexible. You are sure to wear them a number of times that makes great value for your money. And if you do it right, they never go out of style.
I love wearing ties, but I don't know how to tie them or whatever.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Don't talk shit.
I will never have to wear a tie for the next 8 years of my life. Screw being a Civilian
I've never worn a tie :-/ I wish I looked more my age so I could wear a nice suit :yus:
A plain tie is good for me.
Yeah I just use a plain tie with a suit, for job interviews and special events like Weddings, Funerals etc.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)