ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

What's your opinion on animation story time YouTubers? (odd1sout, JaidenAnimations)

by Sasuke - 08-10-2018 - 10:04 PM
What's your opinion on animation story time YouTubers such as odd1sout, JaidenAnimations, TimTom, etc. 
Personally, although I do enjoy the genre, I feel as though videos in this genre are getting a bit boring and really just blend in with each other.
The problem to me isn't the actual art/animation (though many channels do have a lack of good art/animation).
What made them unique to me was how they were personality based they are.
I feel like a majority of these channels attempt to recreate videos similar to odd1sout, JaidenAnimations, Domics, etc.

It's fine to have inspiration, but many of these channels just come off as awkward.
[Image: ZQfGKWd.png]
[Image: 3BfWbKt.png]
I think they're fun. As long as they enjoy doing it I don't care. If they seem uninspired and the stories seem simply incredulous I would be inclined to believe that the stories are fake. But wanting your story to be out there, to be known. That's something that I can understand.
(08-11-2018 - 11:59 PM)SirQuasiQuantum Wrote: I think they're fun. As long as they enjoy doing it I don't care. If they seem uninspired and the stories seem simply incredulous I would be inclined to believe that the stories are fake. But wanting your story to be out there, to be known. That's something that I can understand.

Of course, if you look at it from a creator standpoint, go ahead and do whatever you like as long as it isn't literally plagiarizing. 

However, my post was really looking from a consumers/entertainment standpoint and just criticizing the genre.
[Image: ZQfGKWd.png]
[Image: 3BfWbKt.png]
I love them, I really like TheOdds1Out he is pretty much my favorite youtuber.
Personally, I like the anime and the content of TheOdds1Out is great.
thanks m8 Angel Fist Fist Fist
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: multi
Thanks for sharing!
They put a lot of effort into their videos unlike a lot of people
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: N/A
Thanks for sharing

(08-10-2018 - 10:04 PM)Sasuke Wrote: What's your opinion on animation story time YouTubers such as odd1sout, JaidenAnimations, TimTom, etc. 
Personally, although I do enjoy the genre, I feel as though videos in this genre are getting a bit boring and really just blend in with each other.
The problem to me isn't the actual art/animation (though many channels do have a lack of good art/animation).
What made them unique to me was how they were personality based they are.
I feel like a majority of these channels attempt to recreate videos similar to odd1sout, JaidenAnimations, Domics, etc.

It's fine to have inspiration, but many of these channels just come off as awkward.

Thanks for sharing! 

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)