ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

What direction do I take?

by 2drunk4sex - 07-16-2018 - 08:42 PM
Hello DF Friends, I am curious as to what step I take next in my programming career. I have a strong foundation in Java, C++, and HTML/CSS (Yes I know that's a formatting language not programming whatever). What direction should I take next? What is very influential in the programming world that I must learn? I don't know too much about python but I understand it is very popular. I have also been told its not too hard. I have not learned anything about javascript as well. Please don't be afraid to send me rant for a reply, I would actually appreciate it! Thanks guys, I cannot wait to see these responses.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
She said do you love me, 
I tell her only partly,
I only love mah bed & mah llama am sorry
honestly web development is the way to go. I would look into php.
Freelance .NET & PHP Developer and Personal/Product GFX Artist
[Image: glJMOVQ.gif]
(07-16-2018 - 08:47 PM)Rick Wrote: honestly web development is the way to go. I would look into php.

In what way is web development the wave? Also, doesn't php have the ugliest symtax known to man?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
She said do you love me, 
I tell her only partly,
I only love mah bed & mah llama am sorry
Hi!

This might be a very late reply. I recently joined the forums.

Coming from someone who has been in the software industry for over 5 years, and have been coding since the past 15 years, I would recommend you to learn React Native. Its not a programming language, but it seems to be the next big thing. It uses Javascript/Typescript.

If you can describe what your goals are, then maybe I can recommend you something based on that.
To be completely honest with you, man, it's completely 100% up to you. It depends on what you wanna do regarding programming. Do you want to do web-development? Do you want to make mobile games? Just find your path, man.

Users browsing: 3 Guest(s)