ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

The next 60 years will be hell?

by Sinful - 12-13-2016 - 07:12 PM
The world is slowly getting overpopulated, car emissions are still high, Trump wants to open coal mines.

What do you expect to happen in the next 60 years? Will you be dead? Will you be alive?

Share us some of your opinions.
The world is NOT becoming overpopulated. However, the other two are probably something to cause concern. I'd be more worried about automation and the effects it will have on unemployment. There's going to come a point in the next few decades where too many of out jobs are automated and the government will have to start issuing universal basic income, which is fine. The problem with that is we're going to have to make a lot of changes in the economy and politics to prepare for that.
(12-13-2016 - 11:44 PM)unrelated Wrote: The world is NOT becoming overpopulated. However, the other two are probably something to cause concern. I'd be more worried about automation and the effects it will have on unemployment. There's going to come a point in the next few decades where too many of out jobs are automated and the government will have to start issuing universal basic income, which is fine. The problem with that is we're going to have to make a lot of changes in the economy and politics to prepare for that.

The UK will become overpopulated.
(12-13-2016 - 11:44 PM)unrelated Wrote: The world is NOT becoming overpopulated. However, the other two are probably something to cause concern. I'd be more worried about automation and the effects it will have on unemployment. There's going to come a point in the next few decades where too many of out jobs are automated and the government will have to start issuing universal basic income, which is fine. The problem with that is we're going to have to make a lot of changes in the economy and politics to prepare for that.

I'm not exactly sure where you are getting this statistic of our planet not overpopulating. Did you know that estimates show that the world's population will nearly double in 40 years? About 11.9 billion people by 2050. Earth can sustain about 10 billion, so food will become an issue in 2050 (not even 60 years). Trump is the least of our concerns. Car emissions, insinuating that global warming is a cause for concern in 60 years will be another non-pressing issue because we'll already be overpopulated. So our goals in the next 50-60 years is space travel, population control, and climate control. Because in 50 years, the glacial sheets are estimated to be completely melted away and the rising of sea levels correlates directly with the rise in temperature stratification. 

When you talk about politics, you have to talk about economics, they're hand-in-hand, so I agree they need to change. However, not only do they need to change, but the mind's of the world have to change as well, lifestyles have to change, everything has to change. Job automation is literally the least of our concerns. Ever see the Pixar movie Wall-E? That's where the planet is headed and our species as a whole is as well. How about Interstellar? Not too far off from the truth in all honesty. Overpopulation is the cause for all of this. 

If you don't believe me, here this is Earth Engine, a Google Maps based time lapse of the world. Look at your hometown, look at the changes from 50 years ago to today. The differences ANYWHERE is astounding.
(12-16-2016 - 10:17 PM)Crunk Wrote:

I'm not exactly sure where you are getting this statistic of our planet not overpopulating. Did you know that estimates show that the world's population will nearly double in 40 years? About 11.9 billion people by 2050. Earth can sustain about 10 billion, so food will become an issue in 2050 (not even 60 years). Trump is the least of our concerns. Car emissions, insinuating that global warming is a cause for concern in 60 years will be another non-pressing issue because we'll already be overpopulated. So our goals in the next 50-60 years is space travel, population control, and climate control. Because in 50 years, the glacial sheets are estimated to be completely melted away and the rising of sea levels correlates directly with the rise in temperature stratification. 

When you talk about politics, you have to talk about economics, they're hand-in-hand, so I agree they need to change. However, not only do they need to change, but the mind's of the world have to change as well, lifestyles have to change, everything has to change. Job automation is literally the least of our concerns. Ever see the Pixar movie Wall-E? That's where the planet is headed and our species as a whole is as well. How about Interstellar? Not too far off from the truth in all honesty. Overpopulation is the cause for all of this. 

If you don't believe me, here this is Earth Engine, a Google Maps based time lapse of the world. Look at your hometown, look at the changes from 50 years ago to today. The differences ANYWHERE is astounding.

In short terms that's exactly what I was telling him, the world will be overpopulated.
(12-16-2016 - 10:56 PM)Mars Wrote:

In short terms that's exactly what I was telling him, the world will be overpopulated.

I mean, yeah, but not really xD
(12-16-2016 - 11:02 PM)Crunk Wrote:

Um yes, I'm sure it is really.
(12-16-2016 - 11:03 PM)Mars Wrote:

In fewer terms, and fewer specifications, yeah. But you aren't saying exactly what I said lol You merely stated the UK will overpopulate, I can assume you assume that the world will overpopulate, but for me to make assumption for something you're assuming, is asinine.
(12-16-2016 - 11:04 PM)Crunk Wrote:
(12-16-2016 - 10:17 PM)Crunk Wrote: I'm not exactly sure where you are getting this statistic of our planet not overpopulating. Did you know that estimates show that the world's population will nearly double in 40 years? About 11.9 billion people by 2050. Earth can sustain about 10 billion, so food will become an issue in 2050 (not even 60 years). Trump is the least of our concerns. Car emissions, insinuating that global warming is a cause for concern in 60 years will be another non-pressing issue because we'll already be overpopulated. So our goals in the next 50-60 years is space travel, population control, and climate control. Because in 50 years, the glacial sheets are estimated to be completely melted away and the rising of sea levels correlates directly with the rise in temperature stratification. 

In fewer terms, and fewer specifications, yeah. But you aren't saying exactly what I said lol You merely stated the UK will overpopulate, I can assume you assume that the world will overpopulate, but for me to make assumption for something you're assuming, is asinine.
(12-16-2016 - 11:06 PM)Mars Wrote:
(12-16-2016 - 11:04 PM)Crunk Wrote:
(12-16-2016 - 10:56 PM)Mars Wrote: In short terms that's exactly what I was telling him, the world will be overpopulated.

I was referring to your original message to him lol We're on the same page though

Users browsing: 3 Guest(s)