ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

[TUT] How to use BB code

by deverx - 02-21-2016 - 07:45 PM
Hey there, today I will be creating a tutorial on how to use BB code on Demon Forums!
[Image: cc22008bc81f1ad018153dfc92f49693.png]

How can I make my text Bold? You can either click the B, which is located on the left of the image above and it will make your text bold or you can do it manually, by typing the following:
Code:
[b]What you want in Bold[/b]

How can I make my text Italic? You can either click the I, which is located next to the B (Bold icon) and it will make your text italic or you can do it manually, by typing the following:
Code:
[i]What you want to look in Italic[/i]

How can I Underline my text? You can either click the U which is underlined and located next to the Italic icon and it will Underline your text, or you can do it manually, by typing the following:
Code:
[u]What you wish to be Underlined[/u]

How can I put a Line through my text? You can either click the S, which is underlined and has a line going through the middle of it, which is located next to the Underline icon, or you can do it manually, by typing the following:
Code:
[s]What you wish to have a line flowing through[/s]

How can I make my text appear on the left side of the screen? It is actually automatic, so you do not have to worry about it, but if you want to put something on the left side of the screen, click the icon located next to the strike through icon or you can do it manually by typing the following:
Code:
[align=left]What you wish to be located on the left side of the screen.[/align]

How can I make my text appear in the middle and look real fancy? You can either click the icon next to the left side of the screen icon or you can do it manually by typing the following:
Code:
[align=center]What you wish to be located in the center[/align]
If you press enter, it will automatically put the text in the middle.

How can I make my text appear on the right side of the page? You can either click the icon next to the middle text icon or you can do it manually by typing the following:
Code:
[align=right]What you wish to appear on the right side of the screen[/align]

Honestly, I have no idea what the next one is used for so I will be skipping it.

How can I change my font? You won't be doing this manually so just click the first capital A, next to the one I believe is useless and choose the font you wish to use.

How can I change the size of my text? Once again, you will not be doing this manually, so click the A with the arrows pointing both upwards and downwards and choose the size you wish.

How can I change the color of my text? As I have said before, you will not be doing this manually, so click the box with all the beautiful colors and pick the color you wish to us.

How can I put a horizontal rule through my text? An example of a horizontal rule will be listed below as before I was making this, I did not know what it was.

Either click the tiny lines next to the Window with a + symbol, or type the following:
Code:
[hr]

How can I put an image in my text? You'll be doing this manually so type the following:
Code:
For an image:
[img]image link.png[/img]

For a gif:
[img]gif link.gif[/img]

I will be skipping the email part as I believe this button is useless and I don't think I have seen anyone use it.

How can I add a hyperlink? You can add a hyperlink by click this icon, I am not sure how to describe it so here is the image:
[Image: 7386fecd438beb0dc4678e199332cfb4.png]
Or you can do it manually by typing the following:
Code:
[url=TYPE THE URL HERE]TYPE WHAT YOU WANT OTHERS TO SEE[/url]

There are too many ways on how to post a video and emoticon so click these icons to do them both:
[Image: cad07e705b0df4cc055d1d96e60c3bba.png]

How can I add bullet points? You will be click the lines with dots to make bullet points or you can do it manually by typing the following:
Code:
You can add more
[*]which are bullet points.
How can I make numbered points? Numbered points are like bullet points and you will most likely do this manually, so type the following:[code]

I am not too sure with this so you may have to experiment[/code]
[*]

How can I make the code box? It's very easy and you'll be doing it manually, so type the following:

Code:
[ code]What you want inside the code, also remove the spaces![ /code]

[*]

How can I add some PHP stuff? You will be doing this manually, so you would type in the following:

Code:
[php]PHP stuff[/php]

[*]

How can I add a spoiler? You will be doing this manually as there is no button, so type in the following:

Code:
[spoiler]What you want inside of the spoiler[/spoiler]
If you'd like to name the spoiler, type the following:
[spoiler=Name of the spoiler]What you want inside of the spoiler[/spoiler]

[*]

When creating a thread if you'd like to view what you have done in code format, click the button on the far right, I almost always use it.

Thank you, and I hope this has helped you.
I saw this somewhere else, But I can confirm he made this as he posted this on another forum. ( With a different Name )
(02-21-2016 - 11:17 PM)Darth Vader Wrote: I saw this somewhere else, But I can confirm he made this as he posted this on another forum. ( With a different Name )
That is true. This is the second forum that I have posted on.
Just putting a bump on this thread.
I'm sure people who are new to MyBB will enjoy this thread.
(03-16-2016 - 09:03 PM)Anonymous Wrote: I'm sure people who are new to MyBB will enjoy this thread.
Thanks and I hope they do enjoy it.
very clear and easy thank you for sharing
Good tutorial for the novice forum users.
looks cool! thanks!
ahe3aw2321321321312321132
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Spamming and Advertising other forums.

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)