ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Russian Scientists Obtain Unique Material to Make Combat Vehicles Invisible

by greekhuge - 01-12-2017 - 03:13 AM
A team of researchers at Moscow's National University of Science and Technology (NUST MISIS) have come up with a unique metamaterial which can make combat vehicles invisible, the authoritative scientific journal Physical Review wrote.

Metamaterial is a substance engineered to have a property that is not found in nature. It is capable of manipulating electromagnetic waves by blocking, absorbing, enhancing, or bending them to make things invisible. Metamaterials can be widely used in the development of new types of weapons and the design of supercomputers where conventional electrical signals will make way for photonic ones. © SPUTNIK/ MIKHAIL FOMICHEV Russian Warships to Be Modernized With Use of Stealth Materials - Manufacturer The NUST MISIS team worked closely with colleagues from the University of Crete, Greece. In 2016 Russia and Greece signed a memorandum on cooperation in quantum technology research and joint financing of this work, including the study of metamaterials. “The experimental part of our research was the creation of a one-of-a-kind metamaterial consisting of a small flat grid of the so-called meta-molecules cut out from a solid piece of ordinary steel,” the project’s director Alexei Basharin was quoted as saying by the NUST MISIS press service.

Is it even possible??
Quite possible. I've seen a video about it.
@3 is my slut
(01-16-2017 - 06:58 PM)Rebecca Wrote: Quite possible. I've seen a video about it.

Hmm, where have you seen that video, could you give us a link? :O
Welcome to the modern era bro.
Looking for a database? Or you want to gather some information and if so come and let's do business. Also I'm selling some combolists. My Market[Image: T9q7Q9A.gif][Image: syL0jNs.jpg]
Russia isn't even the first country to implement this material. Although it is easily (in retrospect) obtainable in Russia. However, I think metamaterials are actually possible to manufacture, now they aren't nearly as effective as the naturally augmented metamaterials, but they can do the trick with different technologies installed into the vehicles.
I think its possible with reflection technology. Obviously done with computers :P
[Image: invisibility-cloak-system.gif]
Advanded reflection technology may make this happen in the future, but I would want to see a source from OP
Yea its highly possible, Physics is a wonderful thing. I have seen videos of this material in action its fucking insane!
well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, what a time to be alive
I have no idea how true that is, but that would be a GAME CHANGER !!! spooky shit.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Spam

Users browsing: 3 Guest(s)