ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Russia cyber-plots: US, UK and Netherlands allege hacking

by StLuis - 10-05-2018 - 11:36 PM
Russian spies have been accused of involvement in a series of cyber-plots across the globe, leading the US to level charges against seven agents.

The US justice department said targets included the global chemical weapons watchdog, anti-doping agencies and a US nuclear company.

The allegations are part of an organized push-back against alleged Russian cyber-attacks around the world.

Russia earlier dismissed the allegations as "Western spy mania".

What is Russia accused of?
The Netherlands has accused four Russians of plotting to hack the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which had been probing the chemical attack on a Russian ex-spy in the UK
The UK government accused the GRU of being behind four high-profile cyber-attacks, whose targets included firms in Russia and Ukraine; the US Democratic Party; and a small TV network in the UK
The US said its anti-doping agency, football's governing body Fifa and the US nuclear energy company Westinghouse were targeted by Russian intelligence
Canada said "with high confidence" that breaches at its centre for ethics in sports and at the Montreal-based World Anti-Doping Agency were carried out by Russian intelligence
Added to this, the Dutch authorities have said a laptop seized from the four suspects in April was found to have been used in Brazil, Switzerland and Malaysia.

In Malaysia, the Netherlands said, it was used to target the investigation into the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in 2014 over territory held by Russian-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine. All 298 people on board were killed.

Full reading: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45746837
(10-05-2018 - 11:36 PM)StLuis Wrote: Russian spies have been accused of involvement in a series of cyber-plots across the globe, leading the US to level charges against seven agents.

The US justice department said targets included the global chemical weapons watchdog, anti-doping agencies and a US nuclear company.

The allegations are part of an organized push-back against alleged Russian cyber-attacks around the world.

The Netherlands has accused four Russians of plotting to hack the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), which had been probing the chemical attack on a Russian ex-spy in the UK
The UK government accused the GRU of being behind four high-profile cyber-attacks, whose targets included firms in Russia and Ukraine; the US Democratic Party; and a small TV network in the UK
The US said its anti-doping agency, football's governing body Fifa and the US nuclear energy company Westinghouse were targeted by Russian intelligence
Canada said "with high confidence" that breaches at its centre for ethics in sports and at the Montreal-based World Anti-Doping Agency were carried out by Russian intelligence
Added to this, the Dutch authorities have said a laptop seized from the four suspects in April was found to have been used in Brazil, Switzerland and Malaysia.

In Malaysia, the Netherlands said, it was used to target the investigation into the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in 2014 over territory held by Russian-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine. All 298 people on board were killed.

you have ensured the best service in the most efficient and stress-free manner.

(10-31-2018 - 12:13 PM)Neraz17 Wrote:
(10-05-2018 - 11:36 PM)StLuis Wrote: Russian spies have been accused of involvement in a series of cyber-plots across the globe, leading the US to level charges against seven agents.

you have ensured the best service in the most efficient and stress-free manner.
This i no real surprise considering everything that's gone on the last couple of years :/ Basically goes without saying.
(11-08-2018 - 04:01 PM)sotroubled Wrote: This i no real surprise considering everything that's gone on the last couple of years :/ Basically goes without saying.

Absolutely agree
(11-08-2018 - 04:01 PM)sotroubled Wrote: This i no real surprise considering everything that's gone on the last couple of years :/ Basically goes without saying.

100 percent agree
I'm done being an edgy teenager, I have a job in computer science, and computer programming, I miss this site, and I'm back now I guess.
(12-22-2018 - 12:17 AM)NekoGirl Wrote:

100 percent agree

Only a matter of time before we have another war. A different kind of war

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)