ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Random information #1 | Onion Routing

by Ibiza - 10-03-2016 - 04:52 AM
Random information #1
Im bored so this is what happens, I hope you like reading

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First topic : Onion Routing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to Wikipedia ( Onion routing) “Onion routing was developed in the mid-1990s at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory by employees Paul Syverson, Michael G. Reed, and David Goldschlag to protect U.S. intelligencecommunications online. It was further developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) and patented by the Navy in 1998. “
I could get all scientific on you guys but I doubt it would make alot of sense to normal people. According to the Wiki page Onion Routing does the same as say a Proxy chain and it will connect to multiple nodes that are located on the network jumbling your ip with others making you anonymous :
[Image: main-qimg-c528150360e5bf66345509b6c2289b..._webp=true]
Wikipedia ( Onion routing )

If you want to understand more about this you can learn more from a youtuber known as Sourcefire ( original video link I had was eaten )

So the government at this time are trying to use this technology to make sure that say they’re undercover agents are secure while browsing the web. Although at the time when this was created one problem still stood say a CIA agent is trying to connect to say a Chinese server well if they were to use this Onion Routing technology then yes they would be still “Anonymous” although since it is technology within the U.S government then that means all of the nodes are also associated with them making it harder to become anonymous so whoever is monitoring the connections to the Chinese server would say “Wow a CIA agent is connecting to my server!” so they had to figure out a way to become more secure and the way is simply to release this technology to the public. This would mean that even more nodes are created all over the world making them officially anonymous. This lead to the creation of the Tor Project.

See any errors or problems pm me and I'll fix it and give you some credits, if you think I have some info wrong please correct me I litterely just did an hour of research and made this 

Enjoy
That's a really cool idea man. I like how you put in the links and the pictures, good job.
Good stuff man, but be sure to add in your thread title of what the random information would exactly be.
(10-03-2016 - 02:15 PM)Alex Wrote: Good stuff man, but be sure to add in your thread title of what the random information would exactly be.

Thanks for the suggestion I made sure to fix it
So this is explaining the Dark Web's .onion links? Good job. :D
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
(10-03-2016 - 03:14 PM)Red Wrote: So this is explaining the Dark Web's .onion links? Good job. :D

I'm explaining the technology behind tor
(10-03-2016 - 03:25 PM)Glithic Wrote:
(10-03-2016 - 03:14 PM)Red Wrote: So this is explaining the Dark Web's .onion links? Good job. :D

I'm explaining the technology behind tor

Yeah, that has always interested me. Thanks for posting, it was interesting to know. Heart
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)