ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

North Korea bans Sarcasm

by Kyphos - 09-11-2016 - 10:17 PM
Okay this ain't no joke guys when I say this, NORTH KOREA BANNED ALL FORMS OF SARCASM!!!

Being a stand-up comedian in North Korea must be a nerve-wrecking calling. The totalitarian regime just banned people from making sarcastic comments about its leader Kim Jong-un. Similar comments about the regime itself are also forbidden. Eye-rolling is also likely going to cost you.
North Korea’s political apparatus held a series of meetings across the country to explain the policy.
Quote: “One state security official personally organised a meeting to alert local residents to potential ‘hostile actions’ by internal rebellious elements,” reported Radio Free Asia’s Korean Service from Jagang Province. “The main point of the lecture was ‘Keep your mouths shut.”
An example of a sarcastic expression the officials don’t like if used to describe their regime - “This is all America’s fault”.

As a source explained:
Quote:“This habit of the central authorities of blaming the wrong country when a problem’s cause obviously lies elsewhere has led citizens to mock the party.”
They also really don’t like it when their country’s leader is mocked via expressions like “A fool who cannot see the outside world.” Apparently, this description of Kim Jong-un has been gaining popularity.

As there's been an observed growth of public protests against the North Korean government, like such statements or mocking graffiti, the ban on sarcasm seems hard to enforce but makes some sense from the Communist nation’s point of view.
Certainly, as studies have pointed out, engaging in sarcastic commentary is both a sign of intelligence and leads to “enhanced creativity”. Perhaps, such population traits are not prioritized by the North Korean leaders.  

As the mysterious nation just carried out its biggest nuclear test, people around the world are indeed taking the country’s actions more seriously.

credits go to: http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/north-ko...ns-sarcasm
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Don't talk shit.
Nothing new for really
Of course this would come out of North Korea, they banned social media even.
Jacked by Red @ https://pulses.xyz/
They had the default admin password on their facebook clone recently - isn't it the proof that sarcasm is legal there:)?
They are planning on banning breathing next.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Killing yourself seems the way to go if you're forced to travel over to North Korea.
lmao banning sarcasm is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
Oh isn't that just great? Can hardly wait to see the next thing they'll ban.
North Korea will probably just ban Speaking and such.
Add me on uPlay - x12GA (Plat 2/1.4KD)
OMG, I haven't heard this one yet - but thats just a law ... so it doesn't matter you know :D

Users browsing: 4 Guest(s)