ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Linux Distributions

by Wolf - 11-27-2015 - 09:55 AM
This isn't exactly a "leak" but here are in my opinion some good Linux distributions, and what they are used for.

1. ParrotSecurity OS
2. Tails
3. Backbox
4. Linux Mint
5. Ubuntu

Some of you may be saying, what is Linux? How do I get Linux? What Distribution is the best for me?

Well Linux is an open sourced Operating System (OS) that is based off of UNIX. You can get one of the five Linux distributions by clicking on one of the links I provided above, or you can go ahead and Google search them. You must decide what distribution you would like to have, Tails is mainly used for the Anonymity. Tails doesn't attach to your hard drive, every time you shut down your computer it erases everything. Backbox and Parrot Security are both penetration testing distributions. They both come with many preinstalled tools, such as sqlmap, nmap, aircrack-ng, and zenmap. Most people know of Kali Linux which is another pentesting distribution. Linux Mint is an easy to use distribution, from what I know of linux, and it may not be correct but all distributions can get the same tools as back box, and parrotsec. Ubuntu is a popular linux distribution as well.
Is there any point of getting Box or Parrot if I already have Kali?
[Image: fi1z8QY.jpg]

DemonForums Co-Founder
(11-27-2015 - 04:36 PM)Joker Wrote: Is there any point of getting Box or Parrot if I already have Kali?

In my opinion Kali is the worst Pentesting Distribution, I suggest Back box and Parrot Security OS as I have Parrot  Angel

(11-27-2015 - 12:48 PM)CaptainModz Wrote: How much you got invested in your rig?

About $300, I don't really do gaming on my PC, I just lurk on forums, and do pen testing
even tho its not a leak nice Thread
Nice guide , can't wait to try out tails
Is there any point of getting Box or Parrot if I already have Kali? 

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)