ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Is school really necessary?

by explain - 02-09-2016 - 03:30 PM
Title says it all. I made this thread because I want you to think if it's really necessary or not. For years I've heard; "School is boring, I do not see its purpose. People in school are mean, and it really stinks."

The debate starts here.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: multi
I'm having a hard time at school atm. I'm skipping school, always late and my behavior. LOL. I've been threatened multiple times by teachers etc... I choose to stay away from school. It fucking sucks, I basically only attend school to be with my friends and or have fun. Sad I know but that's just who I am.
Without school I wouldn't have all this knowledge.
[Image: rtfCIbn.jpg]
[Image: hoMDRFm.gif]
The things schools do aren't necessary, it really depends what you want to do in life if you wish to class it as necessary or not.

In my case I'm a bricklayer / construction worker. I didn't do any sort of construction classes or even do an exam in maths but I still got this job which requires maths and basic construction knowledge. Alot of things you learn when you leave school and actually start a job.

I think it's necessary if you wish to leave and head off to university or college.
(02-09-2016 - 08:31 PM)Rizla Wrote: The things schools do aren't necessary, it really depends what you want to do in life if you wish to class it as necessary or not.

In my case I'm a bricklayer / construction worker. I didn't do any sort of construction classes or even do an exam in maths but I still got this job which requires maths and basic construction knowledge. Alot of things you learn when you leave school and actually start a job.

I think it's necessary if you wish to leave and head off to university or college.

I totally agree to what you've just said.
It's the passage to a bright future, without it we wouldn't have any brilliant minds making new technology.
Jacked by Red @ https://pulses.xyz/
(02-10-2016 - 09:43 AM)Graphics Wrote: It's the passage to a bright future, without it we wouldn't have any brilliant minds making new technology.

Most of the famous people Bill Gates didn't even finish school yet Bill Gates has a brilliant mind.
(02-10-2016 - 10:14 AM)nil Wrote: Most of the famous people Bill Gates didn't even finish school yet Bill Gates has a brilliant mind.

I absolutely hate it when people use Bill Gates as an example. Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard University, NOT Level 1 health and beauty. Harvard, One of the most prestigious universities in the world, most students will never get a chance to attend that university. Comparing an Ivy League University to School is absolutely ridiculous.

Ontopic; Yes School is necessary. All those topic's which you learn about in school have some use in the real world. The idea of school is to arm you with everything you'll ever need regardless of the field you step into. "I'll never use Pythagoras Theorem in the real world", It's useful for Engineering, Satellite triangulation in fact Triangulation of any kind. "I'll never use Algebra", Never touch computer science or engineering of any sort.

Most kid's these days are ignorant, they don't understand the value of what they're learning and what that could be applied towards. Stay in school, Get your classes done. It'll pay off later in life.
I believe school is necessary, it's up to you if you go far or not after school. Although I think they teach unneeded stuff. Examples are ions, you don't actually need to know all of your ions by heart unless you want to be a scientist or such. Schools should first teach the basics, such as mathematics, ethics, culture, English and your arterial language. They should then proceed to teach what you want to be when you're older. But, I don't have that much of a problem with the schools' current system, because as Malcolm Little once said: “Without education, you’re not going anywhere in this world.”
Yuma#3948 or smth idk
No school, no learn! <3
cool faggots from another forum:
@Vector | @Skeleton | El!teHax0rPro | @alex | @Strawhat | Snoop Giraffe | @Malcolm
[Image: tumblr_nvrxlzk0yx1uhjj7ro1_500.gif]
Chatango: Platformer (Message)

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)