ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Information on the WebBrowser control

by El!teHax0rPr0 - 02-19-2016 - 09:19 AM
The web browser control uses internet explorer based on the version you have installed. With that said, it will ALWAYS render in IE7 for compatibility reasons. As far as I'm aware, the Web browser control comes with a memory leak that hasn't been fixed(it could have been, just haven't seen or found the documentation). Some say it's linked to IE7 and will fix itself when you update and other say you just garbage collect but apparently, that doesn't work either.

Of course you change the render version by adding in a registry key. Unfortunately, I don't know Visual basic, C# is the code I'm gonna provide. 

x64
Code:
 Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.FriendlyName, 11001);

x86
Code:
 Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(@"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.FriendlyName, 11001);

Now the problem with that code is, you have to be an admin while running it, elevated privileges . Cool thing is, we can put this in HKCU_ which doesn't require admin privileges.

Code:
Microsoft.Win32.Registry.SetValue(@"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION", System.AppDomain.CurrentDomain.FriendlyName, 11001);

Now, you might ask how I got that number at the end there.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library..._emulation

That code will allow your web browser to display pages in IE11 edge mode.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Learn from your mistakes.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)