ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

I want to help

by Endgame - 10-18-2017 - 03:28 PM
So after being back a little while now, I've seen that almost all posts are people just trying to either up their post count, post to see content, or grave digging and such. It seems like there's not really many active members anymore. Not very active.

Know that:
1. I'm not dogging on the forum at all.
2. I may be off a little on the activity parts, but it's close at least.

Unfortunately I have no experience/skills that could/would help the forum in any way.
I'd really like to help try to help pick it back up and thrive again.

All I can say, is I work from home and am at my PC at least 10 - 14 hours a day, so I have nothing but time to help how I can.

So to admin, mods, owner, etc (whoever's running the show),
(If I may ask...)

1. What is the main reason(s) for the low activity and what-not? Is it money, lost interest in forum, advertising, lack of staff, etc.?

I just ask this, because maybe if I know the specific reason(s) that it's going down, I may be able to think up something or find some way to help.

This is a very serious thread/question.
If there's a way I can help, I will.

Also, we should add in some kinda marker or icon or something next to thread titles to indicate what month the thread was started in. I know I have to do alot of digging to get past the grave diggers.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
(10-18-2017 - 03:28 PM)Endgame Wrote: So after being back a little while now, I've seen that almost all posts are people just trying to either up their post count, post to see content, or grave digging and such. It seems like there's not really many active members anymore. Not very active.

Know that:

Unfortunately I have no experience/skills that could/would help the forum in any way.

All I can say, is I work from home and am at my PC at least 10 - 14 hours a day, so I have nothing but time to help how I can.

(If I may ask...)

1. What is the main reason(s) for the low activity and what-not? Is it money, lost interest in forum, advertising, lack of staff, etc.?

I just ask this, because maybe if I know the specific reason(s) that it's going down, I may be able to think up something or find some way to help.

Also, we should add in some kinda marker or icon or something next to thread titles to indicate what month the thread was started in. I know I have to do alot of digging to get past the grave diggers.

There's a few different opinions as to why activity ceases on the forum, some we won't go into detail about, others include, like myself alot of users are sick of the constant leeching that happens, people joining doing 15 posts then leaving. I've been waiting for some day a user to join and actually be active for real. It might actually help boost the forum.
(10-18-2017 - 07:52 PM)Rizla Wrote:
(10-18-2017 - 03:28 PM)Endgame Wrote: So after being back a little while now, I've seen that almost all posts are people just trying to either up their post count, post to see content, or grave digging and such. It seems like there's not really many active members anymore. Not very active.

Know that:

(If I may ask...)

There's a few different opinions as to why activity ceases on the forum, some we won't go into detail about, others include, like myself alot of users are sick of the constant leeching that happens, people joining doing 15 posts then leaving. I've been waiting for some day a user to join and actually be active for real. It might actually help boost the forum.

Do you have a skype or discord or something? If you're serious about getting it back up, maybe I can help.
Like I said, I have no skills or even money to finance anything or whatever.
But I'm online ALOT and have nothing better to do. I'd really like to help get it up.
I love Mars
Same, i really enjoyed this forum a few years back and now im back... im gonna be active AF though.
It's a disappointing cycle. Not controlling quality standards can lead to where the majority of visitors are leechers (plus whatever supposed "system" there is to reduce these users). I'm waiting for Swift to get the theme done so there could be a way to persuade users to spend their time on here.

I do appreciate the efforts of the staff team, but moderation also seems to be lax. I'd very much be interested in a sight where the website is riddled with legitimate content. Something of that nature would give me a reason to spend my time on here. I don't even need to tell you how active it was before, but now it seems that decisions have been made that led to these circumstances. Sure, I can believe that a partial segment of this wasn't necessarily caused by anyone, but I do feel that in some respects the administration team could have done better.

Don't delete my post; I don't intend to disrespect anyone. It's my two cents.
you really wish to help? Continue to be active and post HQ content. But above all report the threads that are LQ or break any forum rules such as spamming, leeching, link monetizing, virus, etc. Myself as a staff member try my best to browse the forum daily for these threads so I can discipline the user but it helps so much when normal users report these threads so a staff members does not have to spend time looking for threads that break the rules. it's like calling in an anonymous tip to police on that jackass that cut you off in traffic. it makes you feel better and you won't have to worry about that person anymore.
Freelance .NET & PHP Developer and Personal/Product GFX Artist
[Image: glJMOVQ.gif]
(11-19-2017 - 05:43 PM)Rick Wrote: you really wish to help? Continue to be active and post HQ content. But above all report the threads that are LQ or break any forum rules such as spamming, leeching, link monetizing, virus, etc. Myself as a staff member try my best to browse the forum daily for these threads so I can discipline the user but it helps so much when normal users report these threads so a staff members does not have to spend time looking for threads that break the rules. it's like calling in an anonymous tip to police on that jackass that cut you off in traffic. it makes you feel better and you won't have to worry about that person anymore.

Yeah I keep posting, but I have to stop for periods of time because there's so little activity that I'd be talking to myself all the time if I kept posting.
No offense, but it seems like activity and advertising are some of the biggest problems. Also getting new members.
I love Mars
Hello and welcome back, I appreciate that you have an interest in increasing the overall forum activity. I for one am on board with making this community great again with a new standard of activity. Recently I have been working closely with @3 about this issue and we're in the process of developing new features and also a new design for the community. We're hoping that this will boom activity but I also think we need to start looking more at the leeching situation as well as advertising.
Welcome back to DF, I do not think we have met but I am fairly new here on the forums and usually reside in the Dumps sharing my recent databases. I am sick and tired of people leeching off of my threads, making spam posts and taking my content. I actually saw someone post a thread on another forum the other day with the same thread title and my dumped content. They stole leeched everything and took credit for my work. Something really has to be done about the leechers on this forum.

Anyways, hope to see you around, thanks for bringing this up to everyone.
[Image: UtiSCuf.gif]
DUde help me help you to help my life :D

(11-17-2017 - 11:39 PM)Nix Wrote: It's a disappointing cycle. Not controlling quality standards can lead to where the majority of visitors are leechers (plus whatever supposed "system" there is to reduce these users). I'm waiting for Swift to get the theme done so there could be a way to persuade users to spend their time on here.

I do appreciate the efforts of the staff team, but moderation also seems to be lax. I'd very much be interested in a sight where the website is riddled with legitimate content. Something of that nature would give me a reason to spend my time on here. I don't even need to tell you how active it was before, but now it seems that decisions have been made that led to these circumstances. Sure, I can believe that a partial segment of this wasn't necessarily caused by anyone, but I do feel that in some respects the administration team could have done better.

Don't delete my post; I don't intend to disrespect anyone. It's my two cents.

i totaly agree with you dude smartness  100emoji

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)