ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

How would someone find another persons IP on Omegle and other online chatting sites?

by my7h - 05-27-2017 - 05:32 AM
I've recently installed WireShark on my linux machine and I tried to test finding peoples IP, as practice. However, to start off, filtering for the Protocol UDP came up mostly as DNS or something called ALLJOYN-NS. Also, most of the source and destination IPs seemed to be probably just server IPs or something. Also, when I found some suspicious  IP, it was like IPv6 and not IPv4. 

Did sites like omegle block the possibility of tracing chats? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Edit:
It seems that I may be incorrect about the IPv6, Wireshark tells me the source is IPv6, however when I do a IPv6 lookup it would always bring errors and problems, such as:
Sorry, there was a problem.
  • No response from ARIN for the query.

• No AS number was found for (enter weird IP here).

• No reverse IP lookup entries found.
Any ideas?
(05-27-2017 - 05:32 AM)my7h Wrote: I've recently installed WireShark on my linux machine and I tried to test finding peoples IP, as practice. However, to start off, filtering for the Protocol UDP came up mostly as DNS or something called ALLJOYN-NS. Also, most of the source and destination IPs seemed to be probably just server IPs or something. Also, when I found some suspicious  IP, it was like IPv6 and not IPv4. 

Did sites like omegle block the possibility of tracing chats? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Edit:
It seems that I may be incorrect about the IPv6, Wireshark tells me the source is IPv6, however when I do a IPv6 lookup it would always bring errors and problems, such as:
Sorry, there was a problem.
  • No response from ARIN for the query.

• No AS number was found for (enter weird IP here).

• No reverse IP lookup entries found.
Any ideas?
Omegal (and most chat sites) are probably routing through their servers. As such, you not going to get the other person's IP, but the server's IP. Chat is almost always like this cause its lightweight and easier to manage centrally.

Now VOIP and Video chat are better targets for pulling someone IP. Things like skype and steam voice chat use peer to peer, and you can totally see the other person's IP.

On that note, no idea if it still is like this, but steam voip used to show you someone's public IP when you called, and they didn't have to even pick up. Awesome fun for online gaming shananagins.
Use that ip traking live app
easy easy way would be make your own little ipgrabber site nothing but a simple PHP script on a free.host mask it as image and BAM get anyone IP just export to /random.txt

can easy google tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcvX6GA5UQ
25% off coupon: DemonForums
i was looking for sum like this

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)