ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

How do you watch Anime?

by Sea - 10-15-2016 - 06:55 PM
Well, many of us watch anime, and love it and enjoy. However, we all enjoy them differently for different reasons. So how do you watch your anime?

Sub v Dub
Do you watch your anime with subs or dubs? If you are newer to the anime experiences (I have no other way to describe watching anime, other than it being an experience) subs and dubs mean the localization of an anime, sometimes with subtitles (subs), other with voice actors reading a translated script (dubs).

I personally will watch an anime however it aired first. Just to get a more authentic viewing experience, but I don't have a real preference to sub or dub in general, just when it comes down to specific anime is where I get picky. Because to me some anime are just better sub (Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, Naruto, Gurren Lagann, Bleach) and others are good dub'd (DBZ, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Trigun, Souleater [which both were great]. Yu Yu Hokasho). Different animes sound better in their native tongue, others sound better localized. I guess it all comes down to personal preference.

Sites
So do you watch your anime on Crunchyroll, TV, or some other 3rd party site for free?

For me, money is out of the question, and I don't watch TV much anymore. So most of my anime watching is online for free. Here's a short list of my favorite sites to use (Listed most favorite to least:top to bottom).

• http://kissanime.to/ -- I love this site, this site is awesome, and has a great extension for Chrome users and really has a massive variety of anime, with a nice lightweight video player and I think 3 different servers to stream from for every anime.
  • http://www.ryuanime.com/ -- This site is pretty awesome, really great site design, and another huge variety to look through. However, the video player can sometimes be clustered with ad play buttons and a lot of redirect ads. 
  • http://www.masterani.me/ -- Now this site should be higher on my list, but I love kissanime too much. Masteranime, really is awesome. It has a great UI, very user friendly, tons of anime, very very few ads ever and gives a great description of each episode and anime.
  • http://www.moetube.net/ -- another good site, but not the best when it comes down to avoiding ads. It has a cluster ads on the video player and is a tube site. I like the general aesthetic of the site, but the servers can be really bogged down at times which can make anime difficult to watch.
Currently Watching/Favs
What are you currently watching or a favorite anime or two of yours?

I have been watching a shit load of anime in the past 2 weeks and I can't seem to really pin down the best one this season (summer), but here are a few I am watching/just finished (I won't be posting any descriptions out of fear of spoilers or anything like that) : 
Now I could keep going probably forever, but that is a good start for now. If you want to check more anime that I watch or have watched, here's my anime list. Also, please share your lists and we can get some anime hype and love up in here. Tell us how you watch your anime, your favs, and anything else you find relevant.
Ooh this was well constructed and definitely took some time!

Nice post OP, I don't personally watch much anime but when I do, I tend to later on mimic things that I see in real life hahaha.
(10-15-2016 - 07:01 PM)runescape Wrote: Ooh this was well constructed and definitely took some time!

Nice post OP, I don't personally watch much anime but when I do, I tend to later on mimic things that I see in real life hahaha.

Thanks, and dude I have the same issue lmao To be honest, that's what makes anime really fun though.
I honestly prefer Dubs. After watching Pokemon The First Movie with the directors commentary, it was said that extra music and ambience sounds had to be added since they were not present in the original Japanese version. They also added extra scenes to help tell the story better. So I'd rather go for the added experience.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Im going to check out angel beats
When feeling nostalgic i prefer dubs for my first anime's i've ever watched, but for the new ones i prefer sub all the way. And i really like Crunchyroll i dont mind watching Ads that much.
Crunchyroll typically when ever a friend lendsme their account to binge a series
Subs > Dubs (imo), online (currently through 'gogoanime'), currently re-watching/catching up on One Piece and My Hero Academia

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)