ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

How do hackers typically find other hackers or even make teams?

by my7h - 05-27-2017 - 08:21 PM
So I was wondering this for a while, but how do hackers such as black hat hackers usually find other black hat hackers? How do they make teams and stuff?
im wondering too lol
The reason why it might be difficult to know is because a lot (at least the good ones) follow a basic OPSEC principle, similar to Fight Club:

"The first rule of Fight Club is you do not talk about Fight Club."

With that said, it is a closed community (mainly for safety) and usually you have to earn your way in, by doing something cool or worthy.

Said another way, keep working on your skills, find a good mentor, and they will find you if that is the path you want. However, assuming you are hacking because you love it, there is plenty of money to be made as a white hat without the looming possibility of going to jail.
You could go to Black Hat Conference https://www.blackhat.com/us-18/ there are thousands there.

Just learn to recognise the Feds who attend before blerting out your plan to take over the universe to the first black hats you meet!
(06-04-2018 - 12:54 PM)darkcyberninja Wrote: You could go to Black Hat Conference https://www.blackhat.com/us-18/  there are thousands there.

Just learn to recognise the Feds who attend before blerting out your plan to take over the universe to the first black hats you meet!

Second that
You could go to Black Hat and try to network but walking up to someone at Black Hat and saying, "hey are you a real black hat?" is probably not going to  do you any good. You can talk with the presenters at black hat, they have a mechanism for doing this after very popular talks - just follow the presenter when he leaves - there will be an entourage looking group and a black hat staff member guide him/her to the after talk area where you can ask questions in a less public, more intimate environment.
Don't forget there is a lot of money to be made as a white hat.  The post above that says work on your skills is correct.  Near zero percent unemployment in white hat world should tell you that you'll do fine, even if you are just OK at hacking, you'll do great if you are good, and you will be more successful at white hat than most black hats if you are great, plus no paranoia (or no added paranoia on top of what any good hacker already has).
If you still have criminal leanings (but you probably will not after you see how lucrative white hat world can be) you will meet (at the very least) grey hats in the white hat world - and guess who they know? Either way your path is the same at the start line, but sometimes hackers have a way to create their own start line so whoami to lecture anyone?
(06-04-2018 - 12:54 PM)darkcyberninja Wrote: You could go to Black Hat Conference https://www.blackhat.com/us-18/ there are thousands there.

I'm not even sure that Black Hat is even a good place to go anymore, considering the cost. Just like everything else that starts out awesome, just as soon as it gets popular it's ruined by it's own popularity. If one has the means to attend then by all means go for it but for me personally, I'd use that money for something else. I'd focus my time on creating cool shit and then submitting so many CFP (Call for Papers) that I eventually go there as a speaker.
the blackhat conference looks more like a corporate sponsored shit show. i wouldnt trust a damn soul in there. now lets not forget to mention that this shit show is taking place at the mandelay bay where theat massacre conspiracy happened last year.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)