ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Game / Gamestore

by Endgame - 11-25-2017 - 11:13 PM
It might either be impossible or just really stupid, but what about making a small game for the forum. Something like an RPG or just some game where you earn some type of credits or currency in the game. Then you can use the currency/credit in a forum "store". 

The store would have forum specified products and/or services you can purchase with the credit/currency.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
https://demonforums.net/newpoints.php tahdah. we already have gambling. it would be pointless to make a game to earn credits. we want users to post quality content in the forum of HQ posts and threads to earn credits. if we added a game that would take away from users posting. it's better for the forum this way sorry.
Freelance .NET & PHP Developer and Personal/Product GFX Artist
[Image: glJMOVQ.gif]
(11-25-2017 - 11:34 PM)Rick Wrote: https://demonforums.net/newpoints.php tahdah. we already have gambling. it would be pointless to make a game to earn credits. we want users to post quality content in the forum of HQ posts and threads to earn credits. if we added a game that would take away from users posting. it's better for the forum this way sorry.

I didn't mean a gambling/betting game. I also meant that it would use its own currency, not forum credits. This currency would've only covered some specials. 
I don't know, something like buying a special award or just something extra. Nothing that affects the forum posting.
Plus, the game could somehow incorporate posting HQ.
I love Mars
The concept of having our own game where users can earn special credits (for the shop etc) would be nice but it would like @7802 said, most likely reduce activity. We're currently developing a few new add-ons to the forums which should work along with credits to offer some awesome prizes. On the other hand, a game of our own which only works here could have some good activity on the forums if it had its own forum.
(11-26-2017 - 12:34 PM)imnotanoob Wrote: The concept of having our own game where users can earn special credits (for the shop etc) would be nice but it would like @7802 said, most likely reduce activity. We're currently developing a few new add-ons to the forums which should work along with credits to offer some awesome prizes. On the other hand, a game of our own which only works here could have some good activity on the forums if it had its own forum.

Ok I gotcha. I just figured I'd put it out there and see what y'all thought about the idea.
I love Mars

Users browsing: 4 Guest(s)