ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Ex-Soviet states tell US 'I told you so' over Russia hacking allegations

by explain - 12-17-2016 - 03:37 PM
(CNN) - In several former Soviet republics, top security officials and even a former president are saying "I told you so" amid allegations of possible Russian hacking targeting the US presidential election campaign.

"Some things you discovered now as new in your pre-election campaign we've been seeing it already for years," Janis Garisons, Secretary of State in Latvia's Defense Ministry, told CNN.

Latvian government agencies come under frequent cyber attacks and other forms of hsybrid warfare that he believes originate from Russia, he said.
"For me, it's déjà vu," former Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili told CNN.
"In 2012, they (Russia) were heavily involved in Georgian elections. They've done cyber attacks over different time periods. They've done all kinds of media provocations.They've spread rumors. They've sent operatives to do all kinds of dirty tricks. And back then my friends from the US Embassy were saying 'you're over-reacting,'" added Saakashvili, who served two consecutive terms as president in Georgia before stepping down in 2013.

This account is currently banned
Ban reason: multi
So much stuff happens and then gets covered up. In the end anyone with power will do whatever they want to and get away with it. Corruption is everywhere.
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)