ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Demon Forums news January 2018 - Brand new first edition.

by Rizla - 01-07-2018 - 10:02 PM
[Image: 0Mrf6iC.png]

Welcome back to DF news!

Yep that's correct, the news is officially back and it will continue on this time. The staff team have decided to bring the news back into circulation with a monthly news report being released. It will be released within the first week of every month with loads of information keeping all users up to date with everything from user statistics, bans, posts general news and most importantly all the current and future updates of the site.

We sincerely hope you enjoy this brand new first edition.

[Image: 5b7MfxS.png]
So to kick things off and to explain a little bit about each section of the news the most important news will be displayed at the top along with an introduction and any information the forum users need to know. This section will also include the forum monthly statistics. We will try our best to keep the news easy to read and easy to understand. Any queries feel free to contact any of the staff team regarding the news and they will get back to you as soon as possible. 

In this first section any updates or released and basic important user information will be placed. 

So, lets get started.

So it's been 2 years since the first 2 editions of the news were released you can actually read these threads here;

Feel free to take a read of those first two editions to see what kind of news may be posted within this forum in the upcoming months and years.

Forum announcements
So lets kick off the beginning of the news with important updates that will be coming to DF.

These are just some of the features we can release for now however there is plenty more to come in the release of DF v3.

To start off with DF is going to receive a bit of TLC, this means that many of the sections you currently see will be merged and made into little groups. This will make the forum much cleaner and make navigating things hopefully much simpler. A lot of our forum categories don't get enough activity to actually warrant it's own section and so most of these will be whittled down to prefixes in which users can select before posting a thread.

Another little update coming will be to the staff team, just a simple change of names of some of the roles which will be discussed between the team and released when the forum changes.

We also plan on implementing a system which will hopefully reduce the leeching that happens on the forum significantly.

Staff mentions

So the staff team has had a little update this week with the reintroduction of @183. We'd like to Welcome @183 back into the staff team after a period of time away. 

Forum statistics to date (7/01/2018)
These statistics will change a little bit prior to the time of posting the news currently being written at 18:01 GMT+0

So the forum has seriously come a really long way since the start 2 years ago. Infact you'll start seeing a few users still active to this day with a nice looking banner under their postbit stating this. These few users can vouch for how far the forum has come in this time and some of these important statistics show this.

Lets begin with the forum statistics overall;
Every user can see these statistics simply by going to the homepage but we shall repeat these here for the purpose of this section.

We have 110,381 posts
We have 24,964 topics being discussed
We have 31,688 users registered

If my calculations are correct that's an average of 151 posts per day for 730 days. That's an amazing amount of activity, obviously that calculation is correct if it was 150 posts per day however there have been days where we can see up to 400 posts a day which is quite an achievement.

Lets look at general statistics, again these can be seen through our statistics page but for news purposes we shall post the to date statistics.
On this page you can see a lot of the forum statistics including a graph which shows the posts thread and user count.

It looks a little like this
[Image: tPrcD8h8SwWCk49OCUWrhw.png]

The statistics page also shows all the global statistics which can be seen on the homepage.

We won't go into too much detail about the statistics page and some of the statistics on there, just some of the honourable ones.

Recent awards (to date)
This is the 2 recent awards that are not upgraded awards.

Congratulations to @132 on receiving the Youtuber award. Your video definitely helps DF gain some good recognition.
User @27752 bought the credit whore award.

User bans 

Now for our last statistic to show how many bans have come since the beginning of 2018.
Every one of our staff members have been working super hard at maintaining the forum and keeping as many as the rule breakers out as possible. Sometimes it's hard to catch onto every user breaking a rule but the staff do a fantastic job of making sure everyone is kept safe and happy.

So far this year in the first week the staff have banned a total of 70 users for rule breaking. We couldn't of done this without ofcourse a lot of user support we appreciate the reporting users who help to keep staff informed of the sort of issues we encounter. However please make sure before you report a user, the rule you believe being broken is actually something that is violating our site rules.

[Image: io5hrg9.png]
Upgrade awards

Since the beginning of 2018 here is a mention to the users who have upgraded on DF. Thank you.

@27752

@30310

@30273

@26980

@31674

Those are the most recent gold upgrades, some of these users have upgraded to the higher tier mentioned below:

@31674

@27752

@30310

@26980

No one has recently bought the emerald upgrade however if you would like to enquire into upgrading your account simply go to the upgrade page located on your navigation menu.
If you have any news you'd wish to share that could be useful for this section then feel free to submit a PM to any of the staff members.

[Image: E5WR9lr.png]
So in this section we will be doing a monthly interview with a selected user. This user could be selected due to their commitment to the forum to even just the quality of their posts. This months interview is actually going to be a copy of one of the first editions of the DF news and that is with the founder of the forum. We didn't have time this month to conduct an interview but I thought i'd enter this one in as it can show some of the newer users a little about @3 and how far he has come with this forum. Please note this is from 2 years ago so some information may be outdated but it is certainly a blast in the past.

Spoiler Show

Alex

Hey there Nova!

Nova

Hey Alex.

Alex

Thank you for allowing me to interview you, I'm sure it's going to be a blast. How's your day?

Nova

No problem, i'm glad you are interviewing me. My day has been good. I've been chilling and helping people out.

Alex

That' sounds great. -- I've been enjoying my recently purchased Xbox One with Grand Theft Auto. But enough about me, I'd like to begin with questioning your regards towards your forum. Why were you interested in creating a forum? What was your predominant goal?

Nova

Well, there are other forums out there with all different kind of niches. I wanted to start a community of my own as it is motivating and great to run. I wanted to have a mixture of niches on mine and have a wide community of different people. My goal was to create a place for people to make friends, and add in cool things so that it is more enjoyable etc. DF has amazing activity already.

Alex

It seems that you were interested in creating an exemplary community with social values? Extraordinary; with those kind of views, I'm confident you and your team will have the motivation needed to raise DemonForums into ascending heights. That being said, how did you choose your staff team? They play a big part in your project, don't they?

Nova

Yes, i wanted to create a very good community, a place for everyone to enjoy, with multiple subjects. Yes, the staff team play a huge role, and help out the forum in every way possible. It started with a small team, but once we got more more people on board, i thought it would be beneficial to give people different roles, so I had Rizla help me out with looking for staff and finding high quality members to become apart of the team.

Alex

I didn't know that, it's good to know that Rizla was on your side assisting you by helping you choosing your staff members. With all said and done, do you find your staff team experienced to assist you with DemonForums?

Nova

Yes, i find the staff team very experienced. They all have different roles to do, and they do them extremely well.

Alex

Well, that's good to know. That being said, let's talk a little more about yourself in general; what games do you occasionally enjoy throughout your time of day?

Nova

I like a variety of games. I play Call of Duty, i do miss MW2 and wish they made a game like that again, but it's still a great game. I play more PC Games now as well. I enjoy playing H1Z1, it's very competitive and a great game to play.

Alex

Good to know; Call of Duty had me at Modern Warfare II as well. I'm also looking forward to H1Z1, there are many people who have recommended me it with positive opinions regarding the concept of the game and I'm confident I will be purchasing it in the near future. Oh dear, it looks like I have to take off in a minute. To wrap things up, what music do you enjoy, did you have a genre or sub-genre in mind?

Nova

Yes, you should get H1Z1, it's one of those games that's addicting because it's competitive and you want to win. My favorite music is rap/house music and a few others. I tend to listen to a lot of remixes because they are chill and it just has you in a great mood all the time.

Alex

Well that's all just astounding. I prefer the typical artists such as Eminem and I enjoy house once or twice, but it looks like that's all the time I have for now. As said once, I appreciate your time and I'm confident with your publicity, we will have a great edition, no doubt. I hope you enjoy your day and I'll see you soon.

Nova

Thanks for interviewing me, and i hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

That certainly is a blast in the past. The forum has come along way since the news was first published.

If you think you should be interviewed PM one of the staff members with the reason why.

I think we shall close things up there. In the next months edition we may decide to add the gaming news and the world news categories, let us know below if you'd like to see them. For now the news really is just a place for users to read on the site happenings. We hope you have enjoyed the first edition of the DF news.

If you would like to submit something towards the news then feel free to PM a staff member with your bit and then it will be considered.
If your piece that you submit gets chosen for the news you will receive a neat award.

In the future editions of the news we will be offering contests and events so keep your eyes peeled for those.

Im excited to see this come out every month! hopefully they're all as good or better then this one.
But im glad to be back!
Quote:"You cant fix stupid."
Thread design is on point, looking forward to the monthly newsletter. It should be interesting anyways since it's been 2 years when the last edition was released.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Glad you enjoyed reading.
dsfdqsgdfscvbhgfdh
This is cool, man!! It was definitely a good read.
Can't wait to see Februaries Thread, gonna be pretty neat
Wow them man this is a really cool forum
*APPLAUSE*
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Scammer

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)