ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Can you lead a life without religion?

by asianstandard - 10-19-2017 - 08:50 PM
Sure you can, I've never cared for religion and I'm doing just fine.
I feel like religion is obsolete towards the upper class; however, a truly bound neccessity for the white collar workers.
I am in no way in the least bit religious. I'd say I'm Agnostic.
I don't want or need religion, but I understand why people do.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
Religion is one of the very few universal concepts for humanity. Humans are creatures who seek meanings, which means that we're religious creatures by nature. Every culture we've ever discovered has had some shape or form of religion. We have no concept of what life would be like without religion because we've never really tied ends with a society that doesn't have religion. If you think about it, the only meaningful way to discuss a world without religion is to discuss a world without people.

I personally don't see that as an improvement.
ofcourse...unless u wanna live it in a pointless way
Relegion is a big guide book and makes people stronger. It is a big boost for people and I truly believe that. But it does not mean that one can't live with out it. :)
It's exactly what I do every day. I have a moral code but I don't follow it with religion. I don't judge people if they believe in god or religion, and I accept that everyone has different views. I have a job, I pay bills, and when I can I try to donate to people in need. All without religion guiding me. I believe that if I do good throughout life, then I'll receive good back. All without having to believe that religion needs to play a role in it.
of course you can.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: multi/impersonating staff
religion's ok for giving people sense of purpose and value within a community
problem kicks in when people cant distinguish between stories and facts
I used to be a Christian, I followed the Christian teachings and took the morals out of religion. Now I'm an Atheist and I've kept hold of some of those morals, you can live life without religion but I will have to admit, without religion your morals are looser as the only real consequences are jail and rejection from your family in the event of immoral behaviour with no possibility of Eternal torture so it's half and half for me I think.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)