ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Can someone help me with the general idea of botnets

by zXz - 03-15-2018 - 12:48 AM
I need help understaning what exactly a bot net is and how to get one/use one (cringe warning lol). Some hacker guy threatened me a while back and he said if i scammed him for a PayPal log (which i didn't) he was gonna use a botnet on me and do something else I forgot. Months later, im curious. Anything you can give me is much appreciated. Thanks

-JTscopex, a.k.a. @Dark_Loadz
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Scammer
(03-26-2018 - 05:27 AM)Brando Wrote: You need at least 15 posts to unlock hidden content
Upgrade to Emerald to bypass these requirements
I think you spamming bro... Tryna get them 15 posts @3
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Scammer
This looks nice -:D
a bot net can scan your computer like DDos
Hello! So there are different kinds of botnets. Not all botnets are bad and not all types of botnets are bad. The main idea of a botnet is this. There is a master, which is the middle of everything. Around it are little tiny computers latched onto it, these latched on computers tend to follow everything the master commands.  Now although this is true for HTTP botnets like Zeus this is not true for a botnet which would be for example a QBOT. The master concept is still correct, but the computers are instead infected devices which have been exploit through vulnerabilities, for example the vulnerability in SSH or busy box routers allows simple servers to scan and brute force then allowing some of them to join, if the connection is not closed off by the server.  Then there are IoT (Internet of Things) Botnets like the Reaper or the Mirai, which are specifically designed to allow anything connected to the internet to connect to them through them by executing Mirai malware. The Mirai over the past two years has made a name for its self because someone DDoSed at over 1 TBPS. Which is a crazy amount. If you would like to explore the Mirai source code and how it works then just googling "Mirai Source Code" would be your best bet. Conclusion- People who claim to have a botnet, probably won't infect you unless they have a HTTP botnet and send you the actual malware to infect you with. QBOTs and Mirai's will most likely be used to DDoS you if you are threatened by them, and all in all. Do not be afraid of someone that is threatening you with a "Botnet" because most people do not even know what a botnet looks like. Hope this helped you out a little bit man  Smile Peace
~swirl the fat russian iguana Finna
I'd be more concerned if the threat is a proper doxxing. Before you start farting around with botnets, you need to make sure your OPSEC is at least decent and there aren't bread crumbs online that can be traced back to you. If you're going to play around with botnets, do it in a way and on systems that cannot be attributed to you by the feds. The latter is more difficult than running a botnet IMO but what the shit do I know. Good luck!
Botnets can be good or bad bro

Users browsing: 5 Guest(s)