ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Auto Update...

by FuzzyModz - 05-28-2017 - 05:58 AM
Does anyone have a really good auto updating system they could drop in the comments ?
why not write your own
Best would be write your own..
I suggest using the ClickOnce deployment technology and hosting it somewhere. It more than likely has all of the functionality you're looking for. It also handles all error cases (i.e. when there is no connection and etc.). It just compares the version numbers and downloads + updates the local executable file. Then, just write up some code that says you want another application that checks if whether or not there is an update.

Let me know if you need any more additional help.
There are many ways of writing a Auto Updater, just do some research or hmu on discord
Amel#4809
:pepe:
in your main load get the current version id from your site, so maybe /ver.html and see if it matches your own in your application, if not request the download link from your server and download it. Where's the issue? I can help if you're stuck with something specific
Here is something to help you out bro <3

string url = ("https://pastebin.com/raw/%22); // put update or no update in paste
string download = ("https://pastebin.com/raw/%22); // download link in paste
string update = new WebClient().DownloadString(url); // Reads paste if update is required
string down = new WebClient().DownloadString(download); // Reads download link and run/process the download link in the paste
if (update == "update")
{
DialogResult yesno = MessageBox.Show("Update is available, update now?", "Update?", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo);
if (yesno == DialogResult.Yes)
{
Process.Start(down);
Application.Exit();
}
else if (yesno == DialogResult.No)
{
MessageBox.Show("Come Back when you want to update");
Application.Exit();
}
If an egg is broken by an outside force, life ends. 
If broken by an inside force, life begins. 
Great things always begin from the inside.
you should sue stackoverflow.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)