ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Apple vs FBI

by gamemaniacs - 02-27-2016 - 01:49 PM
Unless you have been living under a stone, you must have heard of this recent case and how FBI is forcing Apple to unlock the iPhone of the California shootings terrorist.

While I am okay with the feds asking Apple to open the device, the entire lawsuit asking them to set a backdoor in all devices is a huge fucking disaster! 

A quote from Apple's official letter found here http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/ -

Quote:We have great respect for the professionals at the FBI, and we believe their intentions are good. Up to this point, we have done everything that is both within our power and within the law to help them. But now the U.S. government has asked us for something we simply do not have, and something we consider too dangerous to create. They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone.

Specifically, the FBI wants us to make a new version of the iPhone operating system, circumventing several important security features, and install it on an iPhone recovered during the investigation. In the wrong hands, this software — which does not exist today — would have the potential to unlock any iPhone in someone’s physical possession.

The FBI may use different words to describe this tool, but make no mistake: Building a version of iOS that bypasses security in this way would undeniably create a backdoor. And while the government may argue that its use would be limited to this case, there is no way to guarantee such control.

DAMN! :@
I heard about this and I just cried withed laughter, I mean like the f*ck.
Ex "Senior staff".
Need help, just click on where you want to go.
OG Member, need anything just Pm me Here
Well, Apple has lost the lawsuit. They are trying to fight back.

But not sure how long we can laugh about it.
It was obvious from the start they would lose. When it comes to terrorism it seems all law is abandoned. I am sure they could make something to access their own phones or they already have something that does it similarly. I am sure if they won't the government will tell them to pay a fee and that fee will keep rising until it is done. However Apple really does have good security. After reading about both hardware and software aspects of their security they do truly have something awesome.

It not be socially or morally accepted but again when it comes to terrorism all human ethics are thrown straight to the trash.
Quote:They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone.
at this point, i won't use apple anymore, :p
im a big fun of u apple <3  :noh:
Twitter: @t_rockx
Yahoo: @mr.v4hl

[Image: giphy.gif]
(02-27-2016 - 03:58 PM)Weed Wrote:
Quote:They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone.
at this point, i won't use apple anymore, :p
im a big fun of u apple <3  :noh:
No one will and everyone who has been using apple with go to Samsung. It would be so dumb to do this.
What? You think if Apple will have to put a backdoor, others wouldn't?

They will pass a bill or something to make it mandatory to put a backdoor on every device used in USA at least. They are not just fighting against Apple, they are fighting against all manufacturers.
(02-27-2016 - 06:29 PM)Anonymous Wrote: I think under the circumstances given, it's a weird thing. But Apple is protecting the rest of it's customers by not even risking creating this, and again; I think it's also a little publicity stunt. "Apple won't even give your information to the FBI and the security is so good the US Government is having issues getting past it!".

That's correct. And that's how it should be.

I don't mind FBI placing requests for information from Cos. when there is clear evidence of wrong-doing by some individual. But forcing it down on everyone's throat is a terrible thing to do...
I heard about it. Sincerely I don't know what to think. Nothing is sure in informatics. It's just matter of time and everything can be locked up.
Apple will never do it, they care too much about being secure but that's also their downfall

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)