ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Xbox 360 UART tutorial

by RamixCWS - 10-08-2018 - 08:32 PM
I am writing this tutorial for those who are interested in using UART with their modified consoles. UART has many uses for debugging your console, I have used it in the past to check if a console was booting into Xell because I had a monitor that would not display the console output.

Supplies:
30 AWG wire
RS232 to TTL Converter with Female DB9 (3.3v to 5v)
Serial to USB converter (optional)
Serial cable (optional)

Tutorial:
Follow the following diagram to wire the RS232 headers to the console:[Image: HFPotw8.jpg][Image: zOHzN4a.jpg]
Once these wires are installed between the console and the adapter, connect the serial adapter to your computer either using a serial cable or a serial to USB converter. Where you install the serial adapter is up to you, but I recommend installing it in the top of the console in front of the hard drive port for ease of access.[Image: FCkinMT.jpg][Image: PywPHt5.jpg][Image: XAuSvvE.jpg]
Once you have everything installed, open J-runner and open the monitor com tab, open the port with your serial cable plugged into the computer and watch the xell data display on your screen.[Image: 8xFs6E0.jpg]
Any application that can monitor the serial port will give you access to UART on your console. That's how simple it is, now you have UART! Congratulations.

Post install picture:
[Image: IFZxmX3.jpg]
you should probably use the resizing feature on the forms to resize those images so it's more readable :)
if you like my posts and want to see more please plus rep
Great tut but yeah them images are HUGE lol.
Great tutorial, for those of you having issues of it reading open up your UART cable (if it was purchased) and desolder the 6v point and solder it to the 3.3v and you'll be up and running again.
The images were rather large so I've gone ahead and resized them for you. Great post man I can see that you've put a lot of effort into it! :)
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: N/A
Nice bro i like it :)

Nice bro i like it :) Very nice!
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Multi

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)