ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

[UNIVERSAL] Gaming Error Code Database

by Axe - 02-29-2016 - 03:06 AM
(03-05-2016 - 06:00 AM)PsykoSonic Wrote: This looks like it could be a potentially useful tool, We gamers know how much of a pain in the ass error codes are,  to be able to run this  to find them without the hassle of idiotic answers online,  sounds awesome to me.
Good work man, keep it up. :)
Thank you, I originally made this in order to use for my personal issues then I got asked to release it to the public.
(03-05-2016 - 05:40 AM)El!teHax0rPr0 Wrote: Aside from the theme being a mess it's pretty decent.

The main reason I choose to stay away from custom controls is the extra bugs they produce. The ps3 tab contents are slightly off centered and discolored and the focus will switch to whatever textbox you hover over and highlight all text. It's a nuisance.

I also recommend using ilmerge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=17630 if you're going to have an extra dll aesthetics only.

They only produce bugs if they were written by someone who doesn't know what they are doing with GDI. Also the tab thing is becuase he's probably designed each tab page through the designer, he didn't duplicate the location of each control programmatically, very easy fix and nothing to do with the custom controls, just his drag-drop positions.

I would recommend NOT using ILmerge too and probably something more appropriate like creating an installer unless this is intended to be a portable program. Even then, it's not required, OllyDbg does not have everything embedded with the executable.
(04-10-2016 - 09:10 PM)bitm0de Wrote:
(03-05-2016 - 05:40 AM)El!teHax0rPr0 Wrote: Aside from the theme being a mess it's pretty decent.

The main reason I choose to stay away from custom controls is the extra bugs they produce. The ps3 tab contents are slightly off centered and discolored and the focus will switch to whatever textbox you hover over and highlight all text. It's a nuisance.

I also recommend using ilmerge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...x?id=17630 if you're going to have an extra dll aesthetics only.

They only produce bugs if they were written by someone who doesn't know what they are doing with GDI. Also the tab thing is becuase he's probably designed each tab page through the designer, he didn't duplicate the location of each control programmatically, very easy fix and nothing to do with the custom controls, just his drag-drop positions.

I would recommend NOT using ILmerge too and probably something more appropriate like creating an installer unless this is intended to be a portable program. Even then, it's not required, OllyDbg does not have everything embedded with the executable.

Not really understanding why you would be against using ILmerge, especially for just a theme. Just makes little to no sense to have a theme library that HAS to be paired with the executable when it serves no other functionality than just to design the form a bit. Could just be me hating on the extra dependency when you can have it AIO.

Quote:They only produce bugs if they were written by someone who doesn't know what they are doing with GDI

yes this is true but they almost always have a tendency to produce extra bugs that you wouldn't have without them. How many themes have you found/used that didn't come with extra bugs? I would rather stick to standard forms or maybe metroUI but that's as far as I go when it comes to designing my forms.

I didn't mean that the bug was the way he positioned it, it was more or less the fact the when you hover over the text output controls it highlights the text and sometimes bounces and forth between them if you get your mouse in the right spot. I'm assuming he didn't program it that way so I just blamed it on the theme, they have tendency to add unneeded bugs, as I said before.

Quote:probably something more appropriate like creating an installer

Creating an installer for one extra dependency(that the only purpose is aesthetics) seems redundant to me, which is why I recommended ILmerge.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: Learn from your mistakes.
(04-15-2016 - 11:56 AM)El!teHax0rPr0 Wrote:
(04-10-2016 - 09:10 PM)bitm0de Wrote:

Not really understanding why you would be against using ILmerge, especially for just a theme. Just makes little to no sense to have a theme library that HAS to be paired with the executable when it serves no other functionality than just to design the form a bit. Could just be me hating on the extra dependency when you can have it AIO.

Quote:They only produce bugs if they were written by someone who doesn't know what they are doing with GDI

yes this is true but they almost always have a tendency to produce extra bugs that you wouldn't have without them. How many themes have you found/used that didn't come with extra bugs? I would rather stick to standard forms or maybe metroUI but that's as far as I go when it comes to designing my forms.

I didn't mean that the bug was the way he positioned it, it was more or less the fact the when you hover over the text output controls it highlights the text and sometimes bounces and forth between them if you get your mouse in the right spot. I'm assuming he didn't program it that way so I just blamed it on the theme, they have tendency to add unneeded bugs, as I said before.

Quote:probably something more appropriate like creating an installer

Creating an installer for one extra dependency(that the only purpose is aesthetics) seems redundant to me, which is why I recommended ILmerge.

And now what if in the future you decide to change that theme? It's easier to swap out a DLL. Additionally, lots of commercial programs provide installers have themes in a separate DLL too.

I've used lots of themes that have little to no bugs. There's lots of good ones out there, just not many provided by the HF kids.

And you're only assuming one extra dependency. If the project expands there may be more utilities provided as DLL's as time goes on. You might even have multiple programs which use those utilities and a theme is no exception to that rule - why merge the same theme into 2 different programs?
Thanks for the release this will come in handy
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: None
Yo this is sick af! Totally downloading this
Jacked by Red @ https://pulses.xyz/
(08-12-2016 - 05:30 PM)Sonic Wrote: Yo this is sick af! Totally downloading this

Thanks man, one of my side projects right here.
(08-12-2016 - 07:27 PM)Axe Wrote:
(08-12-2016 - 05:30 PM)Sonic Wrote: Yo this is sick af! Totally downloading this

Thanks man, one of my side projects right here.

Wait when did you become A Moderator lol
(08-12-2016 - 09:37 PM)Sonic Wrote: Wait when did you become A Moderator lol

I resumed my position today, I've been a moderator but I was on temporary leave until this morning.
(08-12-2016 - 09:56 PM)Axe Wrote:
(08-12-2016 - 09:37 PM)Sonic Wrote: Wait when did you become A Moderator lol

I resumed my position today, I've been a moderator but I was on temporary leave until this morning.

Oh nice. I wanna apply.... is there any special requirements?

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)