ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Thinking about learning graphics design

by Endgame - 01-09-2017 - 08:21 AM
So, I have absolutely no knowledge in anything to do with graphics design. Other than sketching, but that's probably not even related. I was wondering, which of the 2 are the best idea for a beginner like me to learn design.

Adobe CC 2015 or Adobe CS6 (2012) 

*Price isn't the issue, so please don't let that influence your recommendation*
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
It's not about the software. but the theory. Learn the basic concepts of graphic design, there's tons of tutorials online, just search for them. For a beginner, the differences between the 2 versions don't really matter. If you're going to pay for it, CC will probably be cheaper.
It's not about the software. but the theory. Learn the basic concepts of graphic design, there's tons of tutorials online, just search for them. For a beginner, the differences between the 2 versions don't really matter. If you're going to pay for it, CC will probably be cheaper.
(01-15-2017 - 04:34 AM)MrPeanut Wrote: It's not about the software. but the theory. Learn the basic concepts of graphic design, there's tons of tutorials online, just search for them. For a beginner, the differences between the 2 versions don't really matter. If you're going to pay for it, CC will probably be cheaper.

Ok. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.
[Image: 24NY3zi.jpg]
I love Mars
Make sure you look at YouTube tutorials. They help A BUNCH. I do GFX design but I've been doing it for years and years (pretty much ever since I could open MS Paint back when I was like.. 8) I use GIMP which is free. Photoshop though is really good and has more options. But as someone already said it isn't about the program.
@3 is my slut
The more important is the based in design, concepts, drawing, how to create branding and piece with good composition and good color, I recomended you, watch sometimes sites how behance, deviantart, logopond etc. The inspiration is more important that software.
If you do not use the cloud integration there are practically no difference. It is allways better the most recent (Adobe CC) for some bug fixing but the difference is neglicable.
The gimp is a good alternative software

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)