ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Report Threads That Break The Rules

by Rick - 07-23-2017 - 06:55 AM
Hello DF users. So as any forum will have these issues, we have been noticing a spike in bot users and spammers recently. These users can be seen making posts about stolen cc's and posting spam like content in the incorrect sections. such as a post on a thread from 1 year ago saying "Trying to get credits" or a thread in the support forum title "MASTERCARD VISA CC BANK WESTERN UNION" these users will often have very few posts. We will usually toss these users a permanent ban as they are not only breaking the rules but are very annoying to other users and will not be active users.

Along with the spike in spam I have also noticed that users are complaining to me about the spam in the form of private messages and pointless threads ranting about the spam and malicious threads. This is contributing to the problem and you will most likely have the same thing happen as the users you are complaining about.

But no fear, I have a simple solution to cut down the spam content and remove the spam users. Hear me out; Demon Forums is a very special forum and there is no other like it  ^^  but there is one thing that it has that every other forum has: a report button. these buttons are on every thread, post and profile. so before you get agitated with DF staff or make a pointless thread try to report the thread, post or user.  I guarantee you that it will be handled.

So help the staff and report threads that break the rules, not just spam. 

Thanks
- @7802
Freelance .NET & PHP Developer and Personal/Product GFX Artist
[Image: glJMOVQ.gif]

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)