ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

New to Demon? Check this guide out!

by deverx - 02-23-2016 - 09:03 PM
Hello everyone, my name is deverx. Today I shall be teaching you everything you need to know to have a great time here on Demon Forums. I hope you're able to read all of this guide as I have put a lot of my time and effort into it. If you would like to get a better understand on BB Code please click this sentence. If you would like to get a better understanding on the Marketplace, please click this sentence. Anyhow, that's enough useless talk, should we begin now?

Index:
Chapter 1: The Main Forums and about
Chapter 2: User CP
Chapter 3: Credits, Upgrades and Awards

Chapter 1:

The Main Forums... The place where you can post all of your issues, ideas, opinions and read about important information. Be sure to check them out!

Support: If you have an issue on Demon, you are encouraged to post the problem in Support. This is because other users might be able to help you out with the issue that you have. If there are no users that are able to help you out, a Staff member will most likely reply to the thread giving you the answer that you need. If they do not, send them a private message, but don't spam them with messages.
Award Requests: If you feel that you deserve an award, I oblige you to post a thread in Award Requests. Be sure to tell the Administrators why you feel that you should be given the award.
News & Announcements: You don't have to worry about this section (posting in it) as only Staff members are able to post there. However, you should pay attention to the forum as important information will be open to Demon users through this forum. The Administrators will not send you a mass private message unless there is a massive issue.
DF News: This is where the members of Eternity will post the forum News each month. Check out Edition 1!
Feedback and Suggestions: This is the forum that will let you suggest your fantastic ideas! Suggestions and Ideas that have been accepted will be moved to this forum and the ones that have been denied will be move to this forum.
Site Updates and Changes: The Administrators will post a thread in here to notify you of site updates. Be sure to check this forum out weekly!
Member of the Month: This is a lot of users favourite forum for the reason that you get to decide which user becomes the Member of the Month. Although the users are not able to choose the two or more users that get nominated, they get to decide on one of the two, to claim the award 'Member of the Month' which is a prestigious award.

Chapter 2:

User Support is not a nice place to go to if you don't know much about it. Here is a quick hyperlink to it!
[spoiler=What User CP looks like]
[Image: T5Bcwuy.png][/spoiler]
Compose: If you'd like to send a private message to any user, click compose!
Inbox: Check out all of the private messages you have received.
Sent Items: If you want to check out the private messages you have sent, go there.
Drafts: If you have been sent a private message, but you were not the only user to receive it, the private message will be in Drafts.
Trash Can: This is where all of your deleted items will go. Make sure you delete them once they have been put in the Trash Can.
Tracking: If you have saved any messages, they will appear there.
Edit Folders: Here you can either change the name of folders and/or create new folders!
Alerts: If a user has liked a post of yours, replied and/or quoted a post of yours, edited you reputation or sent you a private message you will be notified.
Alerts Settings: Here are the settings which you can change:  
Spoiler Show
  Receive alert for reputation?
   Receive alert for Private Message (PM)?
   Receive alert when added to buddylist?
   Receive alert when quoted in a post?
   Receive alert when somebody replies to your thread?
   Receive alert when somebody replies to one of your subscribed threads?
   Receive an alert when someone add like to my post?
   Receive alert when mentioned in a post?

Delete Old Alerts: Any Alerts that you have kept, not deleted will be here. You can delete them if you wish.
Delete All Alerts: You get to delete every Alert that you have had. Have fun!
Edit Profile: Here you can edit your profile, hence the name for it...
Change Password: Go here if you wish to change your password.
Change Email: Go here if you wish to change your email address.
Change Avatar: Go here if you wish to change your current Avatar.
Change Signature: Go here if you wish to change your signature.
Change Userbar Hue: Change the colour of your userbar, only available to Upgraded users.
Change Userstyle: Change the colour of your username, only available to Upgraded users.
Change Theme: Change the colour of Demon Forums!
Award CP: Check out the Awards you have received.
Change Location: Change your location, only available to Upgraded users.
Edit Options: A few more options that you can edit, they're worth editing/checking out!
Group Memberships: Check out all of the Usergroups that you can join.
Buddy/Ignore List: All buddy requests you have accepted or denied will be here.
Manage Attachments: Just what the name is, Manage Attachments here.
Forum Subscriptions: If you have subscribed to a thread, which is free to do, you will be able to check the options right here.

Chapter 3:

Credits are an important part of the Forums. If you want to know how to earn credits, click the spoiler below.
Spoiler Show
New Threads: 3 credits
Per Referral: 20 credits

Here you can check out the Credits statistics!
Got Credits to donate? Well, feel free to donate some to the user of your choice! 
Here is the almighty shop! If you have been saving up Credits, here is the place to spend them!
Ever wanted to enter the lottery but been too young? Worry no more child, you can enter the Credit lottery and have a chance to win 100 Credits!
Very detailed and informative thread but I think Malcolm already made one.
[Image: hoMDRFm.gif]
(02-23-2016 - 10:14 PM)Anonymous Wrote: Nice thread, looks like you spent your time making this good!
Thanks and I probably spent too much time.

(02-23-2016 - 10:38 PM)Gess Wrote: Very detailed and informative thread but I think Malcolm already made one.
Look through the Lounge and I am unable to find it, but thank you for informing me!
(02-23-2016 - 10:49 PM)deverx Wrote:
(02-23-2016 - 10:14 PM)Anonymous Wrote: Nice thread, looks like you spent your time making this good!

(02-23-2016 - 10:38 PM)Gess Wrote: Very detailed and informative thread but I think Malcolm already made one.
Look through the Lounge and I am unable to find it, but thank you for informing me!

Alex and I made one, located in the E-Books, Guides and Tutorials section. I'm moving this thread there too. 

Good guide nonetheless. Keep at it!
Yuma#3948 or smth idk
(02-24-2016 - 12:07 AM)Malcolm Wrote:
(02-23-2016 - 10:49 PM)deverx Wrote:

Alex and I made one, located in the E-Books, Guides and Tutorials section. I'm moving this thread there too. 

Good guide nonetheless. Keep at it!
Will do, another guide coming out soon.
Nice little thread my friend
(02-27-2016 - 01:46 PM)Azzid Wrote: Nice little thread my friend
Thank you Azzid!
Thank you @deverx this will a lot of new people :)
(02-27-2016 - 03:09 PM)Sassy Wrote: Thank you @deverx this will a lot of new people :)
No worries mate, that's what it is for!
Nice work! Very helpful with the new members!
cool faggots from another forum:
@Vector | @Skeleton | El!teHax0rPro | @alex | @Strawhat | Snoop Giraffe | @Malcolm
[Image: tumblr_nvrxlzk0yx1uhjj7ro1_500.gif]
Chatango: Platformer (Message)

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)