ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

How to add a GIF image as an avatar.

by Nix - 02-09-2016 - 04:38 PM
Hi. I've started seeing others experiencing issues with the attempts of adding a GIF image as their avatar. So, I'm going to help those experiencing this such problem by creating an easy step-by-step tutorial. First of all, I don't care what the Rules say, you have the ability to add a GIF image as your avatar as long as you are a registered member. That being said, the maximum dimensions for avatars are 140 by 140 pixels. The maximum file size is 250 kilobytes but we will be using a hosting image website, Imgur, therefore, the mentioned file size limit will not be a problem even if it is more than 250 kilo. All said and done, let's begin;

[spoiler=Step 1: Image Resize]
As stated above, the maximum dimensions for avatars are 140 by 140 pixels, therefore, the possible GIF image will need to follow this rule. So, if you have any image that you would like to resize, you can do so by using EzGif. Ezgif's online image resizer will resize, crop, or flip animated gifs and other images, with the same quality and speed as professional software, without the need to buy and install anything. You can visit their website by clicking here, which will redirect you to their 'Resize' page, feel free to check out the other tools they offer. I assume that the website is very easy to stir with your own hands, so I won't be giving you a 'step-by-step' on this one. If the image you're planning to use is below or is equivalent with the DemonForum's maximum dimensions for avatars (140x140), feel free to disregard this step and move on with the next one.
[Image: e257c39ee1d3df45d614ce77753c383e.png]
http://www.Ezgif.com
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Step 2: Imgur]
Now that you have an image that corresponds with the maximum dimensions for avatars, we can now move on to hosting. Essentially, for GIF images, you will not be capable of uploading your GIF image from your PC. I don't know why, but it shouldn't be a problem in this case. In fact, uploading from a hosting image website will be easier on both ends. So, go ahead and visit the Imgur website, which you can visit by clicking here. Afterwards, simply upload an image and go from there. Although any hosting image website will presumably work just as fine, I prefer Imgur. Once done, move over to the next step.
[Image: 2e9c9fbaf26224833d024cd515447e0d.png]
http://www.Imgur.com
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Step 3: Direct Link]
Alright, you're almost there. Once you have uploaded your image on Imgur, you should be redirected to your image. Now, this is where things get a bit confusing towards some users. When uploading an image to any image hosting website, you will need the direct link of your image. So, once you've been redirected to your image, you will notice a drop-down menu on the page you were redirected to that should look like this;
[Image: 0a58f528ef86e7934b9306df4bfe3a2e.png]
After that, just copy the direct link of your image and move ahead to the next step. If you still don't get it, there's an alternate method of obtaining your direct link which I will display within this GIF image;
[Image: 8759d0621bce16cf93e18830cacbde8d.gif]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Step 4: Change Avatar]
Assuming you have somehow obtained the direct link of your uploaded image on Imgur or any other image hosting website, all you simply need to do, is to change your avatar. You can change your avatar by going to the 'Change Avatar' page by going through your user control panel, or by clicking here. Once then, just input the direct link with the corresponding 'Avatar URL' form;
[Image: ca26bcf20fdbc1b91a5d2be73896aa3b.png]
[/spoiler]

If you have any questions, let me know.
Thanks for this guide.
[Image: hoMDRFm.gif]
Nice tutorial! Going to help many users :P
Youtube : SUBSCRIBE 
Twitter : FOLLOW ME !
Twitch : FOLLOW ME !
If you have any questions/problems PM me by  CLICKING HERE  !
nice tutorial pal :) thanks

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)