ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

DF News: Should we bring it back?

by Nix - 10-02-2016 - 05:07 PM
I represent DF News, which was a newspaper providing you juicy goods of technology, gaming, and other important information and notes oriented around the forum. Should we bring it back? Due to the fact that the activity is still small (but has been improving), we wouldn't be putting as much effort. Though if the activity continues to improve, we'll be writing more than 3+ articles per week. If we get enough support, @Rizla will make the decision and bring it back.
But we already have a World News section, can't it just be posted there?
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
(10-02-2016 - 05:14 PM)Red Wrote: But we already have a World News section, can't it just be posted there?

World News is just one of the many things that will be included.
  • World News
  • Gaming News
  • Technology News
  • Anime News (possibly)
  • Member News
  • Interviews
  • And much more.
Well it looks like you already have a section dedicated to DF News, so all that's left is to post in it.
We have the resources, we have the people willing to do it, what I want to see is if the users want to see it.
(10-02-2016 - 06:20 PM)Rizla Wrote: We have the resources, we have the people willing to do it, what I want to see is if the users want to see it.

Yeah, I guess I would like to keep updated on the latest games, such as Xbox, PS4 and Steam games.
If it can show me a list of the lies told by each runner in the American election I say hell yea
I'd say yes.

Nearly every forum I already was on had news. I think it's a great way to provide useful information and discussion for the community, while interacting with it. What I dislike from the news, though, is that barely a user talks about the news on the thread. It's mostly "Good news fam." I mean that's a nice compliment, sure, but I'd like if the users would discuss the news afterwards, else the writer could have the feel that he just writes it for nothing. But I think that's something a community can easily do if it wants so.
Well the administrator team will still be providing occasional site updates. But as far as a weekly or bi-weekly update on stuff, that would be a great addition. The problem is that those who were given the task were never in it for the longhaul so you need to construct a team of individuals who will always bring accurate information, on time, and do it consistently. I wouldn't mind providing you with a header/intro for each edition of the news.
Seemingly I would want to read anything posted there.
dimethylamine - Discord
ask me for it lol- Snapchat
My last visit was 12-24-2020 (currently 7-07-22 LOL, now it's 6-21-23 oops.)

Users browsing: 2 Guest(s)