ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

Cardcaptor Sakura Review

by Akko - 12-13-2016 - 02:02 AM
[Image: sak.jpg]
Now this is a classic one. It launched several people involved with it into mainstream success (I seriously think that this one is the one who made it for the CLAMP collective) and, should be you surprised, this is actually pretty damn good.

Sakura Card Captor was a manga done by the girls at CLAMP, published at Nakayoshi and being a smash hit enough to gain it's own adaptation around 1998 or so. It's considered by many to be a quintessential piece on the magic girl's genre and his legacy has inspired other many other authors because of its childish approach, yet more mature nature.

This account is currently banned
Ban reason: scamming
(12-13-2016 - 02:02 AM)Elf Wrote:
[Image: sak.jpg]
Now this is a classic one. It launched several people involved with it into mainstream success (I seriously think that this one is the one who made it for the CLAMP collective) and, should be you surprised, this is actually pretty damn good.

Sakura Card Captor was a manga done by the girls at CLAMP, published at Nakayoshi and being a smash hit enough to gain it's own adaptation around 1998 or so. It's considered by many to be a quintessential piece on the magic girl's genre and his legacy has inspired other many other authors because of its childish approach, yet more mature nature.

Really enjoyed your review of such a pinnacle anime in the late 90s. Cardcaptor was a fantastic anime, complimented perfectly by its manga and was an excellent addition to the growing magic-girl genre of anime. Just a small critique on your review, could you try to be a bit more descriptive with your thoughts? For example, you said "childish approach, yet more mature nature," or "The story is well written." Well, why was it a childish approach with a mature nature? Why was the story written well? Like I said, it was a great review, just didn't get too much detail as to why it was a good anime/manga to you besides the animation quality or sound quality. 

I like your quick pros/cons at the end of the reviews, it helps someone who's skimming a review to get to the point as to what is wrong with the anime/manga and what it did right.
Thanks for the review, very cool!
Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Hope you all enjoyed it.
This account is currently banned
Ban reason: scamming
new season coming up! finally she's gonna be in middle-school
Im looking forward to checking this out once I decide to catch up, hopefully is as good as some people say it is
Hey, I can't see your review anymore! Hope to read it soon, especially now with the clear card arc releasing.
cool thanks for the thread

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)