ALERT!
Click here to register with a few steps and explore all our cool stuff we have to offer!
Home
Upgrade
Credits
Help
Search
Awards
Achievements

AllData data disk problems

by schleprock - 09-11-2017 - 05:20 AM
I downloaded AllData 10.53 from TPB and Demonoid. I extracted the files into a directory and told AllData to look for the data files in that directory. It does not find them.
So this directory cannot be read by AllData
F:\AllData
but this directory (it has sub directories in it) can be found and used by AllData
F:\AllData\DM01Q313

My main directory has about 100 of these exploded files in it. Because I can't explain things in a technical manner I will show an image.

https://imgur.com/Ctr29A7

However, for AllData to use it the information needs to look like this:

https://imgur.com/ne4Ur3a

That is what the inside of one of those 100+ folders/directories looks like.

Can I just copy all of the inner folders out and let AllData find them in the main directory F:/Alldata?

(some of the internal files are named the same, so if they have different information for each vehicle, I cannot overwrite them without messing everything up. So this directory F:\AllData\DM01Q313 has 5 or so files with the same name as the other 100+ directories. It seems dangerous to overwrite them if I copy all of them into the F:\Alldata directory. OR am I wrong about this?)

Or should I go into AllData and create a path for each of the 100+ folders.

F:\AllData\DM01Q313
F:\AllData\DM02Q313
F:\AllData\DM03Q313

Has anyone worked with AllData and can you tell me how to resolve this question. Both TPB and Demonoid has some directions but they were either too technical or did not apply to this situation.

Speculation:
I think the original thought on the torrent boards was to have people burn them to disks and just insert the individual disks, which should work. But I want to be able to access them quickly, from a laptop in a garage. I need them all stored in a directory so the data disks are not scratched/lost. Also, there are over 100 iso files, if I try to mount them with PowerISO or something I run out of alphabet to name all the drives. So that won't work

Thanks for considering this question.

Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)